Business Owner without CHL

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

mreising

Re: Business Owner without CHL

Post by mreising »

He could ge this record sealed and then obtain an Ohio CHL. Getting an out of state license, if his record doesn't prohibit (FL maybe?) will take care of having the loaded gun in the car but won't help with the Federal school zone issue.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
BobK

Re: Business Owner without CHL

Post by BobK »

How much longer do you have to wait before you can seal your improper handling conviction. IIRC, your 1 yr probation should have been completed last Aug.

Meanwhile, have you looked into getting a FL license?

If it was me, I would not worry about the whole school zones issue. For example, when I moved to Texas I carried everywhere on a UT non-resident license for months before I got around to getting my TX license. I am quite sure I passed within 1000 feet of dozens and dozens of schools, 99% of which I didn't even know were there.

Good luck!
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?