Among those that open carry who also carries a b.u.g.

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Among those that open carry who also carries a b.u.g.

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Sevens wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:I don't normally OC, but when I do I carry a G19..Stay thirsty my fleinds...
Damn, this was actually funny. We gotta learn you how to run a spell check! :twisted:

You serious Clark ?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by charliej47 »

:D About have the time I OC and carry a .40cal.

I have also carried a B.U.G.(.380) and a 9mm in the vehicle.

I've also carried a pocket knife and a 8 inch in a neck holster.

But that was when I thought I might have a problem. When I knew I would have problems, I brought along a 8mm bolt action and two friends as backup! :shock:
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)
Metal1

Post by Metal1 »

I usually carry a P229 .357 Sig and a Walther PPK .380. I also have an AR pistol in the trunk of my car with a 60 round Surefire magazine.
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Metal1 wrote:I usually carry a P229 .357 Sig and a Walther PPK .380. I also have an AR pistol in the trunk of my car with a 60 round Surefire magazine.
You may want to re-think that, I'm I'm pretty sure that's a no-no.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Metal1

Post by Metal1 »

I have a "Dangerous Ordnance License" that allows me to use magazines in excess of 30 rounds.
spioi

Post by spioi »

I'll oc on my bike with a ati 1911 in the small of my back as a bug. in the car I'll have something small like a kahr pm 40 in a wallet holster and a mini mag derringer in the front pocket.I have a motorcycle vest that will conceal a deagle .50 or a 500 snubbie.
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

I don't carry a BUG, and I don't carry ID :D
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
idoncare
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by idoncare »

I carry a back up magazine :D
Tom

Semper Fi

When guns are outlawed, ONLY outlaws will have guns...

Gun control = Hitting what you aim at....

Easier to get another job than another life....
sxshep

Post by sxshep »

Ok, I just thought of a question when I read the title...

Open carry does not require LE notification (IIRC, IANAL)... but CC does. If approached by LE while carrying openly AND a BUG, is one required to notify or would the openly carried firearm suffice?

And if you do say "Sir I'm required to tell you I have a CCW and am armed", but then he doesn't ask where... and you're subsequently arrested and searched... and they find a BUG... is that an additional charge?

I hate playing the what-ifs but this is one of many reasons why the duty to notify law is a nightmare.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
Thomas Edison
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

sxshep wrote:Ok, I just thought of a question when I read the title...

Open carry does not require LE notification (IIRC, IANAL)... but CC does. If approached by LE while carrying openly AND a BUG, is one required to notify or would the openly carried firearm suffice?
You'd have to notify because of the one gun being concealed.
sxshep wrote:And if you do say "Sir I'm required to tell you I have a CCW and am armed", but then he doesn't ask where... and you're subsequently arrested and searched... and they find a BUG... is that an additional charge?
Once you notify, you're covered with that officer no matter how many guns you're carrying. If the LEO doesn't ask where the gun(s) are located, you aren't compelled to volunteer the info. More police walk up you gotta notify them too, by the letter of the law.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

spioi wrote:I'll oc on my bike with a ati 1911 in the small of my back as a bug. in the car I'll have something small like a kahr pm 40 in a wallet holster and a mini mag derringer in the front pocket.I have a motorcycle vest that will conceal a deagle .50 or a 500 snubbie.
That could be quite painful if you drop the bike and land on your back.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
JustJack
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JustJack »

troy bilt wrote:I don't carry a BUG, and I don't carry ID :D
That's not too bright for many reasons. The obvious reason, you're on a motor vehicle which requires a license to operate, without your operator's license. Also, since you're on a motor vehicle, even if you're OC, you just became CC, which requires not only your CHL, but an ID.
IANAL, YMMV, other standard disclaimers, yada, yada, yada, etc, ad nauseum, in infinitum.
"If stupidity was painful, I would be deaf from all the screaming." - Samuel A. Grim
BobK

Post by BobK »

JustJack wrote:
That's not too bright for many reasons. The obvious reason, you're on a motor vehicle which requires a license to operate, without your operator's license. Also, since you're on a motor vehicle, even if you're OC, you just became CC, which requires not only your CHL, but an ID.
He never said he was on a motorcycle nor did he say he was operating a motor vehicle.

Open carrying in public without an ID is legal in Ohio.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
JustJack
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JustJack »

BobK wrote:
JustJack wrote:
He never said he was on a motorcycle nor did he say he was operating a motor vehicle.

Open carrying in public without an ID is legal in Ohio.
Yes Bob, I'm well aware that OC is legal in OH, and that you don't need ID. I misinterpreted his statement as a response to the post directly above it. My mistake.
IANAL, YMMV, other standard disclaimers, yada, yada, yada, etc, ad nauseum, in infinitum.
"If stupidity was painful, I would be deaf from all the screaming." - Samuel A. Grim
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

Motorcycles scare the &%*$ out of me. I want one bad a old one most likely an Indian but to scared to ride one.
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.