I must just be lucky

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

I must just be lucky

Post by charliej47 »

I have read about the OC'ing on this forum and thought "I must be lucky as I never have had anything like that happen to me". :lol:

I have OC'd over a lot of SW Ohio. I have not paraded down main street but I have not gone out of my way to hide. Mostly during warm weather while I am out doing things I OC. A couple of times I have seen police and nodded a hello. I can only remember one time actually talking to one while OC'ing. :roll:

I have never been hassled by the police, but have been by strangers. I have had police come to my home because of issues with neighbors and animal problems. I was Oc'ing every time and the police has always been laid back on it.

I have always answered questions asked by strangers as politely as possible. I have been asked once to leave a store and once I had to explain to store security (Wal-Mart) about its policy for Ohio. :shock:

"I must be lucky".
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)
TJW815

Re: I must just be lucky

Post by TJW815 »

Walk down central this summer that will change lol. In all seriousness I know most officers in our area and most are laid back about it, but there are a few who prefer we do not open carry however.
Which store were you asked to leave from? If you don't mind sharing.
charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by charliej47 »

TJW815 wrote:Walk down central this summer that will change lol. In all seriousness I know most officers in our area and most are laid back about it, but there are a few who prefer we do not open carry however.
Which store were you asked to leave from? If you don't mind sharing.
I called the store manager and after some discussion, he agreed that I should not have been asked to leave and invited me back. He said that he would talk to his people. So I would not want to disclose the store name.
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)
jose45

Post by jose45 »

"Lord, make me fast and accurate.Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine.Let not my last thought be "If I only had my gun"
And Lord,if today is truly the day that you call me home.Let Me Die In A Pile of Hot Empty Brass.- Patriots Prayer- III% NRA,OFCC