Selling guns/register

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

deanimator

Re: Selling guns/register

Post by deanimator »

Sevens wrote:The confusion about folks only casually interested or new to gun with regards to registration comes FULL BORE from television and movies. It's obviously the easiest and most likely answer.

How many different times have you seen an epidsode of CSI: Oxnard where they snag a gun from a glove box or a closet of a crime scene or residence and as depicted on the show, three keyboard taps and two mouse clicks brings up an entire 10-page web file with a picture, address, list of relatives, occupation, tattoos, car, and of course... firearms, calibers, type, etc etc etc.

It's as common as TV commercials.
110% true.

I am firmly convinced that shows like "Law & Order" (and its various offshoots) INTENTIONALLY portray registration and worse as the "norm" so as to condition the public to living like serfs in New York City. I seem to recall them frequently using "registration" lists from states that don't HAVE registration. Of course I seem to recall this on "NCIS" as well.

My mother, the archetypal "low information voter" and big "Law & Order" fan once asked me if my guns were "registered". Of course, in her defense, Chicago actually had registration... until handgun registration was suspended to create a de facto ban.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.