Experienced and level headed OC writer wanted

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Experienced and level headed OC writer wanted

Post by jgarvas »

I am looking for one, possibly two people who might fit this profile:

1. Experienced with open carry in Ohio somewhat extensively. (Can you rattle off where someone without a CHL can't OC right now?)
2. Someone who has a fairly good understanding of the sections of the ORC that impact OC'ing.
3. Someone who is interested in writing about OC from a "this is how and why you can do it" from a matter-of-fact point of view.
4. Is capable of writing things without emotional investment :)
5. Can maintain #4 if you were edited.

If you're interested send me a PM. I'll show you what I'm working on and set you free to pound away. If you have a particular thread in the forums you're really proud of where you explain OC nicely point me to it.

Your contribution to this content will become a static resource for people interested in OC'ing to read as a reference, or to point to from the forums when trying to explain Ohio OC.

-jeff
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
noname

Re: Experienced and level headed OC writer wanted

Post by noname »

I am very excited to see what you have going on here. I hope that the right person steps up to do this. I wish I could, but am sure there are many way more qualified than me.
I believe my God is sovereign, but man still has been given free will/freedom of choice..therefore my faith in God does not contradict my choice to carry firearms for self defense & protection.

(JOSH)
Cynyster

Post by Cynyster »

That leave me out... Level headed is not what first comes to mind when it comes to my rights :shock:
Life without music is a mistake.
JmE

Post by JmE »

Sadly, the requirements count me out as well. I have too much of an emotional investment. However, I do want to applaud the effort. Thank you. 8)
Then, Sir, we will give them the bayonet! - Gen.Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson
It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it. - Gen. Robert E. Lee
If we must die, we die defending our rights. - Chief Sitting Bull

Moreover, were he to return there, wouldn't he be rather bad at their game, no longer being accustomed to the darkness? - Plato
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Please limit the replies unless you are able to actually try to fill the role requested.

No need to clutter this thread up.

Thanks.
:D
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rDigital

Post by rDigital »

jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

rDigital wrote:Image
info in your inbox :)
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.