Downtown CLE with AR-15 last week?

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Downtown CLE with AR-15 last week?

Post by rickt »

So who walked around downtown Cleveland with an AR-15 last week? This news article is so poorly written it's a little hard to discern what the point was. The short video doesn't explain much either. Was "Joe" challenging Cleveland's laws which are already void?

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_ ... -cleveland
wkdravenna

Re: Downtown CLE with AR-15 last week?

Post by wkdravenna »

Right Channel 5 article doesn't really make any sense... They act like Cleveland has local laws that the state is bullying from enforcing. That is basically whats happening. Cleveland wants to be stronger then the state. This is just a Narrative that WEWSABC5 is pushing that Cleveland isn't able to do anything about guns because the state won't let them. Blame it on Republicans ect.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/memberlist ... ile&u=3744" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
rDigital

Post by rDigital »

I request that all of you leave a Pro-2A comment on that article. I have already done so.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

^^^^ Done. ^^^^
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Sorry I refuse to join or use my facebook to that rag

Good comments though, guys,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

rDigital wrote:I request that all of you leave a Pro-2A comment on that article. I have already done so.
I did the same, but I took a shot at Mark Durdak, who reported it. Here it is, just in case it gets removed:
WerzWaldeau
Mr. Durdak is either uninformed or dishonest. There is a law on the books for "Open Carry." It is Ohio Revised Code Section 9.68, which says that if carrying a firearm - openly or concealed - is not against state law, then the City of Cleveland cannot prohibit it with an ordinance. And the Ohio Supreme Court upheld that law against the City of Cleveland more than two years ago! It is not "Joe," but rather the City of Cleveland, which ignores the law and leaves ordinances on the books which it knows are invalid.

So which is it, Mr. Durdak? Dishonest or uninformed?
Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_ ... z2IdGhUuKY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
dsk
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by dsk »

"bare arms"? Did this reporter get a high school diploma?
Pay your dues.
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

dsk wrote:"bare arms"? Did this reporter get a high school diploma?
Well, he is discussing open carry. Maybe it's a play on words. :roll:
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
rDigital

Post by rDigital »

The cowardly anti freedom trolls are out in force.... All one of them.
rDigital

Post by rDigital »

Double Tap
freedom_fighter777

Post by freedom_fighter777 »

Hope this helps:

http://www.wkyc.com/video/2099061097001 ... ault-rifle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... jyL-n2Na_X" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... XRB1XfpZ7W" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Part 4 of playlist is pretty funny)
The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation. - Adolf Hitler

For an unregulated discussion: http://freedomfighterforums.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The NRA: The Gun Group for Beginners.
rottman43055

Post by rottman43055 »

Wow, the officer had to tell the one pointing a rifle at you "easy" LOL

Nice to see you on here again btw
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.
Helen Keller

The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson
Cynyster

Post by Cynyster »

I like how the one officer said... " you are scaring the hell out of people"

My response to that would have been....

Those people scare the hell out of me with the way they vote... can you do something about that? :twisted:
Life without music is a mistake.
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

Cynyster wrote:I like how the one officer said... " you are scaring the hell out of people"

My response to that would have been....

Those people scare the hell out of me with the way they vote... can you do something about that? :twisted:

ROFL! Good one!