Gararge Broken into

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Face

Re: Gararge Broken into

Post by Face »

A_F wrote:I thought the days of picking up radio traffic with a home scanner were long gone? trunked, systems, frequency hopping radios, etc etc.

Plus I thought most of the calls went out over the laptops in the cars, like instant messaging.
Nope - NADA - and Not at all... Trunking actually makes more accessible than non-trunking. You just need to correct scanner. There are a LOT of comms. via cell phone that are totally off the radar.

Unless it is encrypted and most is not, it's still available. Granted a lot has moved to the Mobile Display Terminals or MDT, but this varies by jurisdiction and user. Also even OSP at times have issues.

You don't hear as many routine SSN's and vehicle ID, but you still hear plenty.

FWIW - most Ohio DNR is 100% encrypted as well as Findlay PD and a select few others. I'm in Zanesville and not much that is not available.
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

A_F wrote:I thought the days of picking up radio traffic with a home scanner were long gone? trunked, systems, frequency hopping radios, etc etc.

Plus I thought most of the calls went out over the laptops in the cars, like instant messaging.
Trunking just means you need a more expensive scanner. That's it. I have one, cost of about $400 and that was 10 years ago.

Not all agencies have laptops and even though they do, quite a bit still goes over the air. Every detail that is dispatched in Hamilton County goes over the air and the MDC. Why? Redundancy. MDCs aren't 100% and at least with the radios everyone else hears it too, even if they aren't staring at their MDC screen.

Radios will not die in law enforcement ever. As for running stuff, some agencies can't do it in their car, sometimes the system is extremely slow, and some functions it's just near impossible to do in the car. So radio to a dispatch center where one has a full computer is much easier.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
expo2248

Post by expo2248 »

CroManGun wrote:
Metal1 wrote: The question is should I be upset over them broadcasting that I have multiple weapons in my home for every Tom, Dick & Harry?
I think most people assume if you have A gun, you've probably got more than one. Personally, I don't know any gun owner that has only one.
I've never bought them in pairs; even my first two :mrgreen:
The sheep do not want the dog around--he looks too much like the wolf. He reminds them there is danger out there just beyond the relative safety of the fence. The wolf also hates the dog. He knows it's the dog that stands between him and his prey. The dog is the reason the wolf is lean and why he is forced to stalk the darkness.
: Police