gun buster on clifton kroger

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

soldier24

gun buster on clifton kroger

Post by soldier24 »

sadly I cant open carry in there any more. I walked up there the other night and right outside is a HUGE no gun sign. Oh well, ill get my business other places lol
Army * Infantry
Iraq 2006-2007
--------------------------
XD-s .45
CZ 75 P-07 -carry gun
XD .45
Kel tec pf9
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: gun buster on clifton kroger

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

soldier24 wrote:sadly I cant open carry in there any more. I walked up there the other night and right outside is a HUGE no gun sign. Oh well, ill get my business other places lol
The one on East McMillian isn't posted and that is in the hood. Which one are we talking about?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
soldier24

Post by soldier24 »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:
soldier24 wrote:sadly I cant open carry in there any more. I walked up there the other night and right outside is a HUGE no gun sign. Oh well, ill get my business other places lol
The one on East McMillian isn't posted and that is in the hood. Which one are we talking about?
Yea the one in corryville had a huge sign to the left of the doors. They must have just posted it
Army * Infantry
Iraq 2006-2007
--------------------------
XD-s .45
CZ 75 P-07 -carry gun
XD .45
Kel tec pf9
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Can you post a pic?
I bet it doesn't last long,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

I think we danced this dance. Kroger corporate said no signs. :D
Jim-in-Toledo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Jim-in-Toledo »

Question for the OP:

Are you sure it was a "Gun buster" sign?

Could it have been a liquor control sign instead?
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
Robert Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
I am the expert on my opinion.
And no one else's.
sxshep

Post by sxshep »

I've heard that whole shopping complex is very anti-gun
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
Thomas Edison
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

*Sigh* They've gone against corporate and posted there at least one other time. I'm starting to think we'd be better off time wise just ripping these things down ourselves, handing them to the overreaching store manager with explicit instructions where he can shove 'em, offering some forceful help with insertion. Followed up with in-person complaint to corporate bigwigs downtown of course. Love to see a store manager fired for this nonsense just once, it might keep the next one from posting.

I'll try to have a look see today. Clifton and the UC area is sort of along the way to where I'm heading later, although that will be a very crime-filled route to Newport Kentucky. Oh well what's life without some frivolity and adventure? :?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Brian D. wrote: Love to see a store manager fired for this nonsense just once, it might keep the next one from posting.
Never happen - entertaining thought though.
Brian D. wrote:I'll try to have a look see today.
look forward to reading your follow-up...
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

I would at least ask if they could change the wording to say illegal carry prohibited. Don't explain that but just ask. I do not ever use this Kroger. I think I may have used the restroom there once when we were working in the street blacktopping a sewer repair diggup. I was carrying at that time. :D

That Kroger has armed security. I can see that store closing at some point. It has to be a huge shop lifting location.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Life Member NRA
Cozza

Post by Cozza »

Jim-in-Toledo wrote:Question for the OP:

Are you sure it was a "Gun buster" sign?

Could it have been a liquor control sign instead?
Absolutely. I saw it as well. Forgot about it until now
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Council has been voicing a complaint on Grocer drought in the greater Cinci area...almost as to shame companies for pulling out of unprofitable areas because of theft. I have no sympathy for areas with no close place to get food when they feel its OK to steal from a business. Life is hard when you do not police your own.
Life Member NRA
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

The signs I saw--four total around the building's exterior--are the ones we see most commonly on government buildings, or at least the verbiage follows that model. Along the lines of Pursuant to Ohio Revised Code, no person, unless otherwise authorized by law...' Further on they mention firearms and dangerous ordnance, etc. Picture of a revolver circled in red with diagonal slash thru the gun.

The signs were not just on Kroger's building but also alongside the front door of Walgreens, and in the dimly lit outside corridor that runs east/west between those stores. Looks to me like the property owner put them up, directing our efforts at Kroger's would likely be misguided. The store managers du jour I spoke to in Kroger's, Walgreens, and Rent-A-Center had no idea who owns the plaza. The guy washing windows at the rental place least laughed about my notion of putting three or four of those signs down the front of my shirt as ersatz body armor.

The plaza is under renovation,building behind Kroger's is being torn down. hard to believe Kroger's could be considering expansion there, it might just be demolition going on. Meantime the lighting in that connector is close to non-existent. A few years ago there were cameras in there---who knows if they were real--but I didn't see any today. It is easy for me to imagine one getting shot or stabbed there without the crime being witnessed, arterial blood splashing onto one of the 'No Guns' signs as a sort of ironic touch.

The security guard I saw nearby was unarmed, definitely not an off-duty detail LEO.

Shopping plaza owners have been tough nuts (insult intended) for us to crack historically, not sure I feel like following up.

********************************************************************************
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Was the lot posted?
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Anchor Properties also listed as Anchor Corporqate Properties, would appear to be the current owners of University Plaza. Looks like they spent $4.5 million or so for it with the state of Ohio and city of Cincy kicking in a tiny amount too. (No, that does NOT make the the place a government facility by even the wildest stretch of my imagination.) They were supposed to be doing a rather extensive renovation of the plaza, that looks to have been stalled to say the least.

Anyhow their headquarters seem to be in Covington Kentucky, in what used to be the toll house for the Roebling suspension bridge. I will try to have a powwow with them at first opportunity. If any OFCC honchos would like to do that instead please let me know, soonish. Anchor's contact info is easily accessed on the computer....again I am assuming they are the current owners of University Plaza, that was true in early 2011 for sure.

I don't hold out much hope for swaying them, but stranger things have happened.

To the original poster: No other core Cincinnati Kroger's are so posted, well to the best of my knowledge anyhow. I don't shop at all of 'em, and don't think I'll ever have first hand knowledge about the Kroger's in Over-The-Rhine. Try the one on Kenard if it's handy, certainly less of an undesirable vibe there, both the store's locale and its patrons.