A Well Dressed Walmart Shopper

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

SMMAssociates

Re: A Well Dressed Walmart Shopper

Post by SMMAssociates »

Just went back and read some more....

I wonder if this is an older article. The ability to Open Carry unloaded weapons seems to be the feature, which would explain the hammer-down carry.

However, I think that was forbidden recently, too....

I don't know if "unloaded" meant "useless", like here in OH, or just "nothing in the chamber"....

I expect the latter, but I think it's moot now.

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
BobK

Post by BobK »

SMMAssociates wrote:I don't know if "unloaded" meant "useless", like here in OH, or just "nothing in the chamber"....
It was in between.

It used to mean nothing in the chamber and no magazine inserted. Unlike Ohio, magazines were allowed to be loaded and ready at hand.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Bob:

Thanks....

Israeli carry the hard way? I'd stick in a :D if it wasn't so serious a subject.

Our "well, you can always open carry" mess was actually better until the "loaded if a loaded magazine is present" mess showed up.

Guess the good news is that the next quake will send a good part of CA into the ocean, and the rest will be really upset with the politicians when the looters win....

BTW. Becka's moving back to Youngstown. Maybe.... TX will save a bunch of money on the LEO's who don't have to keep an eye on her :D....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
BobK

Post by BobK »

SMMAssociates wrote:BTW. Becka's moving back to Youngstown.
Sounds like happy news for you. :D
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Bob:

Having Becka around is a little like juggling chainsaws, but she's had a real job for a while, and has tamed down a lot. Not that I really mind, other than the cost and a day's worth of traveling each way, but having her here instead of El Paso will be a little better. Or crazier....

She's going to move in with us for a while, but wants an apartment. No objections there, although the apartment management may have other ideas :D....

(I still have a sister and five dogs to visit in El Paso. If Becka brought three of those, I wouldn't complain. But Sherri would go nuts.... I don't mind the other two - haven't actually met one of them - but Sammy's already three too many.)

Gotta go chip the house number off the lamp post....

Regards,
Stu.

יזכר לא עד פעם
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

Open carry is a good thing anywhere you see it. But a glock would have ben a better choice ^^
weakhand luke

Post by weakhand luke »

TunnelRat wrote:
teddybear49d wrote:The store in the photo reminds me of the Kroger's store in Lancaster, Ohio. Layout and shelf stock almost identicle as of last visit there!
Yup, but not many nice lookin' chicks carrying openly... :?
Look closely - I don't think that's a woman.
MikeB
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by MikeB »

sodbuster95 wrote:
High Power wrote:Note to Glock shooters; take notice to what she is carrying.
Excellent...although I did take note of the fact that the hammer is down. So she's either carrying on an empty chamber or she "lowered" the hammer on a live round. :|
If it's a newer Kimber or Colt it would have a firing pin block safety, so dropping it "should not" be an issue.
"Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."
Metal1

Post by Metal1 »

She isn't well dressed with an unloaded weapon. The title should be "How not to Dress at Walmart"
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

It looks like a photo opportunity to me. If it were I and living in this great state I can guarantee you it would be in condition 1. I respect those who choose to either OC or CC, it just comes down to the personal preference of the individual. I might even want to try to give it a shot one day.
Phil08EU

Post by Phil08EU »

teddybear49d wrote:The store in the photo reminds me of the Kroger's store in Lancaster, Ohio. Layout and shelf stock almost identicle as of last visit there!
It's definitely not a Kroger store. I can say that safely
Cheers,
Phil
Airbrush Artist

Post by Airbrush Artist »

To those who open carry I respect Your Choice But as For me ,I always want the advantage of a bad person Not Knowing My surprise should they single me out, pretty common sense deciscion for me...Kinda like what Woody Hayes said about passing a Football."3 things can Happen and 2 of them are bad"
BB62

Post by BB62 »

Airbrush Artist wrote:To those who open carry I respect Your Choice But as For me ,I always want the advantage of a bad person Not Knowing My surprise should they single me out, pretty common sense deciscion for me...Kinda like what Woody Hayes said about passing a Football."3 things can Happen and 2 of them are bad"
It's nothing against you personally, but since you're new here I'll say this: IMHO, what this OPEN CARRY forum doesn't need is yet another person (and you all know who you are) perpetually informing others either a) OC and/or those who do it is stupid, ostentatious, "in your face", tactically disadvantageous, politically dangerous, etc. etc, b) that *I* wouldn't do it, but I support your right to do so or c) I don't do it and you shouldn't either.

These kinds of posts add nothing to this forum, and again IMHO, detract from it.

If such a "discussion" is viewed as desirable by the powers that be, it ought to be confined to its own thread, and not allowed to pop up in thread after thread, on this, the OPEN CARRY forum.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Airbrush artist was stating his opinion and did not say anything negative about OC....He is entitled I believe to post his opinion......there was nothing wrong with his post...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Victory Bill

Post by Victory Bill »

SMMAssociates wrote:Guess the good news is that the next quake will send a good part of CA into the ocean, and the rest will be really upset with the politicians when the looters win....

Regards,
I'd prefer that quake hold off until I'm paroled and out of the PRK.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."