Do you notify local LEOs?

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BB62

Re: Do you notify local LEOs?

Post by BB62 »

I'm sorry to resurrect this thread, but a recent incident reminded me of it.

cincyhawthornes, what has become of you?

I do hope that with the experiences you have gained over the past year or so that you more clearly understand the advice offered. That advice comes from others' experience, and now that you have more experience, please share it, and the knowledge you've gained.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
jose45

Post by jose45 »

Hasn't been on site since 6/11/12.
"Lord, make me fast and accurate.Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine.Let not my last thought be "If I only had my gun"
And Lord,if today is truly the day that you call me home.Let Me Die In A Pile of Hot Empty Brass.- Patriots Prayer- III% NRA,OFCC
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

BB62 wrote:cincyhawthornes, what has become of you?
Rumor on the street is that he's still looking for the guy that called 911 on him. :roll:

According to Bruce, he "went out for a walk, and never went back".
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I think I scared him off. :oops:
MyWifeSaidYes
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:I think I scared him off. :oops:
As I said in the PM, not likely. Wouldn't be the first person that came in at a full run to our "arena", then left after just a few minutes of the "game" had been played.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
jose45

Post by jose45 »

CroManGun wrote:
BB62 wrote:cincyhawthornes, what has become of you?
Rumor on the street is that he's still looking for the guy that called 911 on him. :roll:

According to Bruce, he "went out for a walk, and never went back".
Maybe he had a wife and kids in Baltimore? 8)
"Lord, make me fast and accurate.Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine.Let not my last thought be "If I only had my gun"
And Lord,if today is truly the day that you call me home.Let Me Die In A Pile of Hot Empty Brass.- Patriots Prayer- III% NRA,OFCC