List some positive or neutral OC stories

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Lone Wolf

Re: List some positive or neutral OC stories

Post by Lone Wolf »

I too had my class at Olde English back over the winter. It was a great class and I highly recommend it, well, except for my range time. We were shooting in a snowstorm :D while keeping our weapons under a tarp/tent when not on the line. Kind of wet and chilly to say the least.

LW
Sherlock Holmes : "You have arms, I suppose?"
Dr. Watson : "Yes, I thought it well to take them."
Sherlock Holmes : "Most certainly. Keep your revolver near you night and day and never relax your precautions"

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle "The Hound of the Baskervilles"
Gargoyle

Post by Gargoyle »

Chuck I see that lady quite often and will make sure she gets in touch with you. I work at said Autozone as you know by now. Stop in anytime for a chat.
:)
An armed society is a polite society---- Robert Heinlien
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Thank you, and I will,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I'm not very picky about where I get haircuts. No shop in my neighborhood so wherever I'm at and the need arises, I just pick a place. Bet I've been to fifteen different barber shops since getting my carry license. Normally the procedure is to take one's coat off, which in my case means a belt carried gun (or two) is now in full view.

I've had a few few friendly questions from the barbers and customers, never ever a negative reaction. Couple of times it turned out there were other carriers present. So it was today, a J-Frame S&W toter got out of the chair right before it was my turn. That got a chuckle out of the room, weird coincidence. Waited to see if the guy after me was carrying as well. :D

I've heard the vibe is a bit different at higher end "stylist/salon" joints, but given my general lack of hair volume to begin with, those places would be overkill and overpriced, lovely female stylists notwithstanding. (Not a bad gimmick though.) Think there's even a gun-UNfriendly chain of hairstylist establishments, their 'No guns" signage has been mentioned on here.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
mreising

Post by mreising »

My barber is the landlord for our classroom building. No problems with carrying there.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Ron in Toledo

Post by Ron in Toledo »

Since obtaining my CHL I have both open carried and concealed carried my firearms in many different places without any problems, maybe I'm lucky ?
In my only encounter with Toledo police during an auto accident I informed, as required, that I had a CHL and was armed, the LEO just said, thats nice now tell me what you witnessed the cars doing before that collision. Perhaps it's my calm demeanor or that I'm 72 years old, who knows. :lol:
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I'll bump this thread for my newest best friend, David, the Harley model.

Today My wife and I went to the Sprint store where I got a new I phone, that took about a half hour or longer, lots of people coming in the store behind us to shop. After buying everything, I ended up leaving my old phone with the lady and went shopping next door at Krogers while she got me programmed up and running.
We went next door and bought our groceries, including a trip inside their little liquor store, and put them in the truck
Then we went back in the phone store and picked up my stuff

No one batted an eye or turned their head

I told you, call me sometime
We'll have lunch,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Gaspode

Post by Gaspode »

Went to City BBQ to pickup my take out. It wasn't ready so I stood around waiting. I was open carrying my model 65 since I was just coming from the shop. Talked to a few people there behind the counter. A few people in the restaurant looked a few times slyly but no one said anything.
Pride is all well and good. But a sausage is a sausage.

All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo.
BobK

Post by BobK »

Gaspode wrote:Went to City BBQ to pickup my take out. It wasn't ready so I stood around waiting. I was open carrying my model 65 since I was just coming from the shop. Talked to a few people there behind the counter. A few people in the restaurant looked a few times slyly but no one said anything.
I remember picking up City BBQ carryout on Henderson Rd. on many occasions, where I was irritated that I had to leave my handgun in the car. It was really a conundrum: I didn't like being disarmed by the State of Ohio, but City BBQ was worth it to me.

I was very pleased when restaurant carry finally passed. 8) 8)
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

BobK wrote:
Gaspode wrote:Went to City BBQ to pickup my take out. It wasn't ready so I stood around waiting. I was open carrying my model 65 since I was just coming from the shop. Talked to a few people there behind the counter. A few people in the restaurant looked a few times slyly but no one said anything.
I remember picking up City BBQ carryout on Henderson Rd. on many occasions, where I was irritated that I had to leave my handgun in the car. It was really a conundrum: I didn't like being disarmed by the State of Ohio, but City BBQ was worth it to me.

I was very pleased when restaurant carry finally passed. 8) 8)
They were a class D before 2011? :shock:
ooops....
Glock513

Post by Glock513 »

I usually always CC, but I've OC in a few bad neighborhoods, getting gas, etc. Most thugs see auto assume I'm a LEO and leave immediately. Good people look at it and don't say anything, maybe bc Im not bothering anybody or doing anything suspicious.
Joe, an American
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor & CCW Instructor

"In times of peace I pray to God for peace. In times of war I pray to God for victory."
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

Glock513 wrote:I usually always CC, but I've OC in a few bad neighborhoods, getting gas, etc. Most thugs see auto assume I'm a LEO and leave immediately. Good people look at it and don't say anything, maybe bc Im not bothering anybody or doing anything suspicious.
Glue a CCW badge on your holster and you'll really scare them! :-) J/K, of course. I don't open carry, but I think that's not a bad idea going when going to a bad neighborhood. I just need to find a decent holster. Someday....
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BobK

Post by BobK »

techguy85 wrote:They were a class D before 2011? :shock:
ooops....
The one on Henderson Rd was. Sold beer & wine.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

BobK wrote:
ooops....
Yeah, I live just off Bethel. That was the one I was talking about.
:oops:
BobK

Post by BobK »

techguy85 wrote:
BobK wrote:
ooops....
Yeah, I live just off Bethel. That was the one I was talking about.
:oops:
Easy to miss if you can't see it! :lol: :P