Campbell Ohio SAM & Tea Party - Its Time

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Campbell Ohio SAM & Tea Party - Its Time

Post by jgarvas »

UPDATE:

Campbell is forcing the organizers to buy security.

Jump to this post: http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php? ... 61#p496961" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

---------
For the past few months Ohioans For Concealed Carry has diplomatically attempted to relay to the City of Campbell that their efforts to ban gun sales are in direct violation of Ohio Law. The history of this debate is best described here:

Campbell Ohio considering lifting illegal ban on firearm sales

...That story was written on March 8th (over a month ago) and we've since learned that the police chief, who seems to be extremely eager to ban guns, supposedly intimidated the council into tabling the legislation to repeal the unconstitutional ordinance. It remains in a committee. We have since turned this matter over to OFCC legal representation and a formal demand letter was delivered upon the City of Campbell last week.

Campbell Demand Letter

A local Tea Party group has obtained a permit to hold a rally in Campbell and has invited Ohioans For Concealed Carry to become a part of this. We are finalizing OFCC speakers to attend the event and we are going to assist them in promoting this event as well. This is an opportunity for us to show the City of Campbell what happens when you thumb your nose at diplomatic relations with a group who is on the right side of the law.

The Tea Party Announcement:

What: CAMPBELL SECOND AMENDMENT MARCH AND TEA PARTY

When: Saturday, April 17, 2010 2:00 PM

Where:
Campbell Municipal Court
351 Tenney Avenue
Campbell, OH
(330) 755-2165&

Important 2nd amendment allert in our own back yard.

Young Americans for Liberty is hosting a rally in the city of Campbell on Saturday the April 17 in support of the Second Amendment to repeal an illegal city ordinance banning the sale of guns in the city.

Campbell passed 4-1 an ordinance banning the sale of guns in the city, and this law is AGAINST OHIO STATE LAW as well as is unconstitutional. Ohio state law strictly prohibits cities and municipalities from regulating the sale of guns.

Campbell doesn't care what state or federal law says.

Juanita Rich, the one councilperson who voted against it, will be a speaker, as will Varg, President of YAL at YSU, Dan Moadus former Girard city councilman and congressional candidate, and others.

In support of this illegal law are the mayor and the police, so we need your support. We are willing to stand up for liberty, please show up and show your support. The more of us there are the less vulnerable we will be.

News media has been alerted, WFMJ may be there, a live broadcast from WYSU is being discussed, as well as several freelance reporters.

The city of Campbell is in fiscal emergency. A lawsuit is inevitable, and the city will lose, costing the taxpayers money for something unnecessary. Let's do our job and stop this thing in its tracks before it goes that far. That is what we are all out here for.

Please show up and give us your support. Even if you do not live in Campbell, or Ohio even, this is your backyard and it can come to you next! Stop them NOW! Alert all gun owners and supporters of constitutional government limits.

MAP and DIRECTIONS
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
pirateguy191

Re: Campbell Ohio SAM & Tea Party - Its Time

Post by pirateguy191 »

I will be there. I might be a little late because of work, but I will be there.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
McM

Post by McM »

Thirty minutes away. I'm there.
Not one of the " 'more-equal animals' ".

Hippies make me laugh. Bleeding hippies make me laugh REALLY HARD! -Morne
jmwildenthal

Post by jmwildenthal »

I have a minivan and am looking for others to share gas costs to/from Columbus. Or we can go in/on your wheels.
I am not a lawyer. This is not legal advice. If you want legal advice, pay an attorney for it.
NRA Certified Instructor
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

I'm on it...
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

If I can drive that far for a gun show, I can drive that far for this. Count me in.
Poop!
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Sorry to say I can't make it.
I have business in Columbus at four o'clock.

Carry on you guys
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
DasPirate

Post by DasPirate »

IF DanDan can drive that far for this, I can make a poor attempt at being funny. And I can probably make it.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Pitchfork is sharpened, new wick on my torch. Or to put it another way: It's 106** miles to Campbell. I've got a full tank of gas, half a box of cigars, it's dark, and I'm wearing sunglasses. 'Hit it!'

May seem that sometimes we're chomping at the bit to go do one of these in-person things, but not really; it is something that must be done from time to time.

There's no way for me to attend without this being an overnighter road trip btw. Anybody wishes to PM me with info on nearby lodging, so as not to clog up this thread, it'll be appreciated.

**It's actually much further than that from my place.
Last edited by Brian D. on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Pops Fun »

Wow... 273 miles..... I have other plans but will try and change them!! :D
Second amendment and Tea party.. 2 of my favorite things..

Sometimes you have to stand up and just do it!!
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Give em heck guys and ladies!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
theqbn

Post by theqbn »

I won't be able to make this one but I have posted it on ohioopencarry.org and the facebook page. Sounds like a very important event.
[ no longer active ]
dan dan the XD40 man

If there is a time frame listed I must have missed it. Anyone care to help me out?

eh, nevermind, I found it. :oops:
Poop!
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

dan dan the XD40 man wrote:If there is a time frame listed I must have missed it. Anyone care to help me out?

:lol:

Look at Jeff's first post in this thread...right under the big bold print...
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
dan dan the XD40 man

charben wrote:
dan dan the XD40 man wrote:If there is a time frame listed I must have missed it. Anyone care to help me out?

:lol:

Look at Jeff's first post in this thread...right under the big bold print...
I have to be in North Olmsted at 6PM. Gonna be tight.
Poop!