Northwood LEO breaks OC'ers D/L in half

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

WBL_2006 wrote:
You have no problem calling the police when there is no suspicion or evidence that a crime has been committed?
Nope. If it is indeed an officer, it is part of their job.

If it is an everyday "Joe" or "Jane", they have the right also. It is then the responsibility of LE to respond accordingly. As a result of some unfortunate events lately, maybe now the LE folks will respond in a more civil manner if at all. (Wishful thinking, I know).

WBL
I would agree, it is part of their job, but their job is to investigate and enforce laws, not create them.
jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

Beekeeper wrote:This abuse has to stop. I'm going to get me a voice recorder, and carry it.
We should ALL carry one. I now carry and older cassette recorder. With the proper cable, I can output the audio to a digital format on my puter'. 8)
WBL_2006

Post by WBL_2006 »

I would agree, it is part of their job, but their job is to investigate and enforce laws, not create them.
I agree with this also. If the events transpired as described, then I agree the officer(s) in this situation acted unprofessional and made serious errors and should be reprimanded.

Read Groundchuk's post on Pg. 3; I can see this situation playing out in just that manner.

WBL
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

In the eyes of some, a man covered with tats and with a very young girl is suspicious!
I am a 64 year old graybeard. I make it a point never to communicate with young teens or children. It might look suspicious. :shock:
Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Pops Fun »

Hi
Is this the right community?? I am not posting this so people can contact them, not even sure this is the right place. (near Toledo)
Let OFCC do there magic.
But thought that there mission statement was interesting.

http://www.ci.northwood.oh.us//pages/police.html

The bold is mine.

MISSION STATEMENT

OUR VISION - We will promote a safe and secure community through fair and professional policing.

OUR MISSION - We are dedicated to preventing crime, enforcing laws, protecting life and property while upholding the constitutional rights of all.

OUR VALUES - We value professionalism, integrity and teamwork with respect for each other and the community we are proud to serve.
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan
GWC

Post by GWC »

Maybe (at the appropriate time, if the city refuses to respond proffessionally) we should have an OC walk while wearing Insane Clown Posse T-shirts.

Then we can get the ACLU on our side!
"The police are not here to create disorder. They are here to preserve disorder".
Mayor Richard Daley, 1968

I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.
McGyver

Post by McGyver »

This story made it to TedNugent.com! Boy this is gonna really get Unkle Ted's knickers in a twist when he reads it! He's on tour in Europe right now, but I'd bet he gets involved somehow!
Guns don't kill people, husbands that come home early do!
Proud OFCC Member
Proud USCCA Member
Proud NRA member
Proud American!
Sticks and stones may break my bones but Sabalo's beatings excite me!
Regulator2

Post by Regulator2 »

Maybe (at the appropriate time, if the city refuses to respond proffessionally) we should have an OC walk while wearing Insane Clown Posse T-shirts.
as ridiculous as that sounds...it's actually a good idea...

although then they might interpret us as being gang related and throw some obscure Homeland security statute at us for terrorism

either way, we'll let the Professionals work, they will let us know what is needed

I am again just happy this Org exists and that I became a part of it....
talk about Grassroots, and coming together

and yes I am starting to think a digital voice recorder is in my "near" future
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on thier behalf --George Orwell

Regulator 2
518th Gun Truck Co, OIF Vet
jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

McGyver wrote:This story made it to TedNugent.com! Boy this is gonna really get Unkle Ted's knickers in a twist when he reads it! He's on tour in Europe right now, but I'd bet he gets involved somehow!
Got a link?

...don't know how deep it is in the site...
Paul_K

Post by Paul_K »

I have been content with standing aside and letting the Willowick Police Dept and OFCC guide matters along, until this latest incident.
After reading about the incident in Northwood, I felt that a 'heads-up' email to my local police department, concerning these two incidents, would be appropriate.
I have emailed links to the stories on OFCC's main page, and expressed my hope that law enforcement officers in my area are better informed as to the legality of open carry in Ohio.
McM

Post by McM »

jacksnack wrote:
McGyver wrote:This story made it to TedNugent.com! Boy this is gonna really get Unkle Ted's knickers in a twist when he reads it! He's on tour in Europe right now, but I'd bet he gets involved somehow!
Got a link?

It is piled pretty deep on Ted's site. By 'it' I don't mean this story, I mean the level of 'Big talk, little if any action'.

Many years ago, when I used to read that forum (before it went to a 'pay to view' format) I wrote in about a rifle I had stolen by a FFL1 when his shop closed. Ted and the bunch over there swore up and down they would storm Congress if necessary, they made a big deal of it. Guess what any of them actually did? Squat, Jack 'Squat. All 'Cavalry to the rescue', then they acted like the Iraqi army and disappeared. Ted is a good PR guy, when it comes to 'Unka Ted'.
Not one of the " 'more-equal animals' ".

Hippies make me laugh. Bleeding hippies make me laugh REALLY HARD! -Morne
jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

McM wrote:
jacksnack wrote:
Got a link?

It is piled pretty deep on Ted's site. By 'it' I don't mean this story, I mean the level of 'Big talk, little if any action'.

Many years ago, when I used to read that forum (before it went to a 'pay to view' format) I wrote in about a rifle I had stolen by a FFL1 when his shop closed. Ted and the bunch over there swore up and down they would storm Congress if necessary, they made a big deal of it. Guess what any of them actually did? Squat, Jack 'Squat. All 'Cavalry to the rescue', then they acted like the Iraqi army and disappeared. Ted is a good PR guy, when it comes to 'Unka Ted'.
I don't think we need anyone to storm congress. :D

I am glad however the story is disseminated well.
Last edited by jacksnack on Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
color of law
*** Banned ***

Post by color of law »

Regulator2 wrote:

although then they might interpret us as being gang related and throw some obscure Homeland security statute at us for terrorism

either way, we'll let the Professionals work, they will let us know what is needed

Won't fly. Ohio bill of rights: § 1.03 Right to assemble: "The people have the right to assemble together, in a peaceable manner, to consult for their common good; to instruct their representatives; and to petition the general assembly for the redress of grievances." So if the people have the right to assemble together, in a peaceable manner, to consult for their common good and do it on the public square in Northwood, then Northwood would not have much power to object.
jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

color of law wrote:
Regulator2 wrote:

Won't fly. Ohio bill of rights: § 1.03 Right to assemble: "The people have the right to assemble together, in a peaceable manner, to consult for their common good; to instruct their representatives; and to petition the general assembly for the redress of grievances." So if the people have the right to assemble together, in a peaceable manner, to consult for their common good and do it on the public square in Northwood, then Northwood would not have much power to object.
Oh, but I bet they would! :lol:
McGyver

Post by McGyver »

Front page, Jack. Here ya go, but it is a pay site!

http://www.tednugent.com/HUNTING/forums ... 45302.aspx
Guns don't kill people, husbands that come home early do!
Proud OFCC Member
Proud USCCA Member
Proud NRA member
Proud American!
Sticks and stones may break my bones but Sabalo's beatings excite me!