OC travels

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Sneakypete
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

OC travels

Post by Sneakypete »

As it has been unseasonably warm the past few days, I decided to just OC. Coming back from Newark last nite, I stopped at a Kroger gas station, just outside of Kolumbus, The attendent never said a word about the .40 Walther P99 on the right hip. 8)
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

OC can often be a non-issue, (as we would hope) or so has been my experience during this spell of extended summer. I'm not sure how many people even notice, if one isn't drawing attention to themselves in other ways.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
mdad

CCW means out of site

Post by mdad »

I think most people that do notice just figure you are a cop or have some other legitimate reason for carrying, after all most Criminals wouldn't have it showing Right?

Funny that after all the fighting and trouble to get legal CCW, now we want to have it in site.
Me, i just cover it up and if someone notices a bump or my shirt rides up Oh Well :D
The world is a dangerous place to live... not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein
Life Member NRA
Life Member North American Hunter
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: CCW means out of site

Post by charben »

mdad wrote: Funny that after all the fighting and trouble to get legal CCW, now we want to have it in site.
Me, i just cover it up and if someone notices a bump or my shirt rides up Oh Well :D
Actually, this is an incremental war to win back our constitutional rights. Concealed Carry was a necessary battle in that war. Certainly, there are more battles to win...and we will if we are smart.

For me, I prefer concealed carry as I prefer a tactical advantage (BG doesn't know I am carrying, doesn't know WHERE I am carrying, doesn't know WHAT I am carrying...etc.). However, lately I have taken the opportunity to OC when the occasion presents itself. Usually this is when I am fueling my car and my suit coat is hanging inside the car. Or like today, when I ordered a pizza for pickup on my way home from a long trip. I wasn't wearing my fleece pullover while driving and decided it was too much of a pain to put it on just to run into Marco's to get my pizza. It was a complete non-event.
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
WaltherMan

Re: OC travels

Post by WaltherMan »

Sneakypete wrote: The attendent never said a word about the .40 Walther P99 on the right hip. 8)
....only with a Walther.....

p.s. I love my P99.
mdad

Pizza

Post by mdad »

I noticed the Pizza Hut in Madison is posted. Would have to go to the drive thru there.
I told the wife if i get scared and need a place to hide, i'll go there, after all they are posted and all the bad guys won't come in there :wink:
The world is a dangerous place to live... not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein
Life Member NRA
Life Member North American Hunter
AlanM

Re: Pizza

Post by AlanM »

mdad wrote:I noticed the Pizza Hut in Madison is posted. Would have to go to the drive thru there.
I told the wife if i get scared and need a place to hide, i'll go there, after all they are posted and all the bad guys won't come in there :wink:
My local Pizza Hut serves beer and wine so by default is a CPZ. Don't all Pizza Huts serve alchohol?
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Have yet to find one (Pizza Hut) that doesn't serve beer. And I likes my pizza. :D

Joseph
Jronjakoh

Post by Jronjakoh »

mDad

Excellent Idea!!

Besides if you want to hide from the LEO's who would think of looking in a CPZ for a 'Ma with a gun"?
After ALL!! NO GUNS ALLOWED in there.
Americans need not fear the federal government because they enjoy the advantage of being armed, which you possess over the people of almost every other nation. . James Madison.

What's in Your Wallet?

SEMPER PARATUS