What this specific forum is for and what its not for

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

What this specific forum is for and what its not for

Post by jgarvas »

This forum was created because the topic of carrying openly, and discussions surrounding the legality of carrying openly have increased since the passage of HB347. It is my personal opinion that nothing in Ohio Revised Code prohibits you from carrying openly in general, except for those provisions where carrying a firearm is prohibited entirely, or in a motor vehicle without a license to carry concealed.

It is also my opinion that carrying openly in and of itself alone does not meet the criminal definition of inciting a riot, disturbing the peace, disorderly conduct, or other common threats. Since the inception of HB347 no local ordinance that would otherwise prohibit openly carrying a firearm (by someone who is lawfully permitted to possess that firearm) shouldn't be enforceable either.

With that said I do not believe that openly carrying as a way of life or a method of every day carry provides anyone with a tactical self-defense advantage. I also believe that it will increase your odds of regularly being in contact with the local police.

This forum was created to discuss this issue in a professional manner and we will enforce the rules here if discussions get out of hand or off topic.
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.