Tri-county mall

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

soldier24

Tri-county mall

Post by soldier24 »

Sorry if this has been talked about over and over again. I was just curious if anyone on here OC's at the mall? I havent seen any signs on the doors. Just alittle worried and not wanting to unload and keep my gun in the car in that area.

thanks!
Army * Infantry
Iraq 2006-2007
--------------------------
XD-s .45
CZ 75 P-07 -carry gun
XD .45
Kel tec pf9
mreising

Re: Tri-county mall

Post by mreising »

Do a search for some threads started by Sigger, I believe he had some issues there. You could conceal it if there are no signs and not have to leave it in the car. Oh, and yes, i realize this is the OC forum. :)
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
ohiophotog

Post by ohiophotog »

mreising wrote:Do a search for some threads started by Sigger, I believe he had some issues there. You could conceal it if there are no signs and not have to leave it in the car. Oh, and yes, i realize this is the OC forum. :)
Of course that assumes the OP has a CHL.
- OK. Jokes over. Bring back the Constitution.
- Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
- No trees were harmed during the transmission of this message, however a ton of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

AFAIK the mall is not posted anything. Security there however has had issues with OC and they will call Springdale police. Of course either way, you'll end up at the same spot, not in the mall OCing the firearm and maybe not back in the mall at all.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
sigger

Post by sigger »

JediSkipdogg wrote:AFAIK the mall is not posted anything. Security there however has had issues with OC and they will call Springdale police. Of course either way, you'll end up at the same spot, not in the mall OCing the firearm and maybe not back in the mall at all.
Actually, the mall security does not even need to call Springdale PD directly. An on-duty SPD officer has one of the mall radios with him.
We the people . . . do ordain and establish . . .
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

sigger wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:AFAIK the mall is not posted anything. Security there however has had issues with OC and they will call Springdale police. Of course either way, you'll end up at the same spot, not in the mall OCing the firearm and maybe not back in the mall at all.
Actually, the mall security does not even need to call Springdale PD directly. An on-duty SPD officer has one of the mall radios with him.
I knew it was one way but didn't know which way it was (SPD carrying mall radio or mall carrying SPD radio.)

http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Malls are funny in that many are not posted in the usual red slash signs at the entries. It's been a long time since I've been at Tri-County, but I'm pretty sure they weren't posted...HOWEVER, malls usually have a billboard type posting of "mall rules" on one of the main walls (which no one reads). If you read down towards the bottom, it clearly says no guns, weapons etc. I know that Cincinnati Mills has such a sign, and maybe Northgate too.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

glocksmith wrote:
Malls are funny in that many are not posted in the usual red slash signs at the entries. It's been a long time since I've been at Tri-County, but I'm pretty sure they weren't posted...HOWEVER, malls usually have a billboard type posting of "mall rules" on one of the main walls (which no one reads). If you read down towards the bottom, it clearly says no guns, weapons etc. I know that Cincinnati Mills has such a sign, and maybe Northgate too.
Those signs IMO do not meet any state requirement. Firstly, they are generally far from conspicuously posted and many times not posted at every entrance, generally just the main entrance. If one did say they were conspicuously posted, I'd argue what prudent man reads the mall rules every time they enter a mall? I betcha on a jury of 12 and a courtroom full of 100, not a single person has ever read mall rules.

nckheinrich

Post by nckheinrich »

Great Northern also is not posted from what I have seen... Going to try there sometime... hmmm anyone else?
Multiple firearms is not an arsenal... it's an investment.
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

JediSkipdogg wrote:Those signs IMO do not meet any state requirement. Firstly, they are generally far from conspicuously posted and many times not posted at every entrance, generally just the main entrance.
Of course, the law requires neither of those attributes to be true.
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

jabeatty wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:Those signs IMO do not meet any state requirement. Firstly, they are generally far from conspicuously posted and many times not posted at every entrance, generally just the main entrance.
Of course, the law requires neither of those attributes to be true.
Last time I went to Northgate, their non-conventional signage said something to the effect of "No unauthorized weapons" or "no weapons except by persons authorized by law". That's about all it says - very vague with regard to CC because we could also be said to be authorized to carry. So who knows :?
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
soldier24

Post by soldier24 »

ill look into it I guess. Or ill just OC and see what happens?
Army * Infantry
Iraq 2006-2007
--------------------------
XD-s .45
CZ 75 P-07 -carry gun
XD .45
Kel tec pf9
smcgowan88

Post by smcgowan88 »

Update!! Was there this morning and didnt go inside becasue there was a no weapons sign. It was looked like etched glass rather than the traditional red no go logo. After checking a few more stores nearby i believe this is probably some local campain. Either way glad I'm moving to Indiana. I might miss some of Ohio's gun laws but not the taxes and stupid localities.