Bonefish Grill - Dayton Posted

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Roller
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Bonefish Grill - Dayton Posted

Post by Roller »

Went to Bonefish Grill in Dayton (Dayton Mall area) and was surprised to see them posted. The funny thing is the sign said "weapons prohibited as authorized by T.C.A. 39-17-1359", which is the TN statute on posted premises. Letter sent.
Stay safe; Check 360
Brian D.

Re: Bonefish Grill - Dayton Posted

Post by Brian D. »

I have long wondered if a sign referencing a different state's law would hold up in court. Not willing to pay an attorney to find out.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Hope you included a OFCC "will not patronize card" with letter.
Roller
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Roller »

Brian D; I don't think is matters. Ohio law doesn't specify the sign, verbiage, size etc. In my opinion, the sign says "weapons prohibited" and that is enough under Ohio law.

Did not include a "do not patronize" card but did clearly state that we would not patronize the restaurant again.
Stay safe; Check 360
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Roller wrote:Brian D; I don't think is matters. Ohio law doesn't specify the sign, verbiage, size etc. In my opinion, the sign says "weapons prohibited" and that is enough under Ohio law.
I used to see signs referencing the Ohio Revised Code in northern Kentucky. Fairly sure a good attorney could have gotten charges kicked to the curb.

The same legal tactic might work in Ohio, with a smart enough lawyer.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

So if I patronize the place and I'm injured as a result of their no guns policy, does that mean I can sue them? (since they want to follow TN law instead of Ohio's) :roll: