Toledo Express Airport

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Randymp
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Toledo Express Airport

Post by Randymp »

I was at Toledo Express Airport today and saw a sign in the west drive heading to the terminal. The sign stated Ohio Revised Code 2923.126 no person shall convey a deadly weapon on these premises. There were no gun buster signs on the terminal doors.

from 2923.126 section B 1 reads "any area of an airport passenger terminal that is beyond a passenger or property screening checkpoint or to which access is restricted through security measures by the airport authority or a public agency; or an institution that is maintained, operated, managed, and governed pursuant to division (A) of section 5119.14 of the Revised Code or division (A)(1) of section 5123.03 of the Revised Code;"

from 2923.126 section B 7 reads "Any building that is a government facility of this state or a political subdivision of this state and that is not a building that is used primarily as a shelter, restroom, parking facility for motor vehicles, or rest facility and is not a courthouse or other building or structure in which a courtroom is located that is subject to division (B)(3) of this section, unless the governing body with authority over the building has enacted a statute, ordinance, or policy that permits a licensee to carry a concealed handgun into the building;"

My reading of these two sections oppose each other. So which one due you follow?
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Toledo Express Airport

Post by JustaShooter »

2923.126 section B 1, since it is specific to the airport terminal.
'
FYI, the signs are likely old, this only recently changed to allow carry in the terminal up to the security checkpoint.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Randymp
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Toledo Express Airport

Post by Randymp »

I see the new law took effect March 21, 2017. I was told that the section above any other section takes precedent over the lower sections. Is this correct? Justashooter thanks for your input.