Family Dollar

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Marsh

Family Dollar

Post by Marsh »

I didn't realize that family dollar was posted, This sign is to the left of the door on most locations and the no gun sign is probably only about 3 inches across. I've been carrying in there for years, open as well as concealed. I wondered if i should mention to them that it has to be on the door, larger and more conspicuous. One of the managers at the sylvania ave. location by autozone says to continue to carry in there until she gets to the bottom of it. I again wasn't aware of the no carry policy. Guess i'll have to do business at dollar gen. I don't shop in those places much but I'm not going unarmed.. Carry on All, and have a great day.. Marsh..
PT140 Millenium Pro .40 Cal., Gazelle IWB & OWB Leather Holster... Taurus .357 Magnum, Uncle Mike's Sidekick Belt Holster... Taurus "Judge" 3" Magnum., Uncle Mike's Sidekick Belt Holster...
pirateguy191

Re: Family Dollar

Post by pirateguy191 »

You probably shouldn't tell them their sign is too small and in the wrong spot. Just sayin.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Marsh wrote:I wondered if i should mention to them that it has to be on the door,
There is no requirement that the sign be on the door, only that it be in a conspicuous location.

Oh, and *never* tell a store that their sign isn't legal. Asking them to remove it because it doesn't actually do anything useful, sure. But don't tell them to fix one...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Marsh wrote:Image

I didn't realize that family dollar was posted, This sign is to the left of the door on most locations and the no gun sign is probably only about 3 inches across. I've been carrying in there for years, open as well as concealed. I wondered if i should mention to them that it has to be on the door, larger and more conspicuous. One of the managers at the sylvania ave. location by autozone says to continue to carry in there until she gets to the bottom of it. I again wasn't aware of the no carry policy. Guess i'll have to do business at dollar gen. I don't shop in those places much but I'm not going unarmed.. Carry on All, and have a great day.. Marsh..
It seems strange that a manager wouldn't have been informed of a legitimate policy change.

Was the sticker on the outside of a door or window?
A relative of mine was driving to Marion Ohio (I think a little over a year ago, might've been longer) and stopped at a place he usually stop's at (gas station, convenience store) and it had a small sticker red slash circle over a handgun next to the entrance door. He only went in to tell the guy that he wouldn't be shopping there anymore and why. The cashier happened to be the owner, and was confused, because he didn't put a sticker on the window, or authorize any of his employees to put one on. He went out to take a look, and then removed it. Nobodys knows how it got there.
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

I've never seen a Gunbuster sign at our Family Dollar Store.

Maybe I need to look again next time.
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Tru-Heathen wrote:I've never seen a Gunbuster sign at our Family Dollar Store.

No, you don't.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

AlanM wrote:

No, you don't.
Exactly - if it isn't conspicuous, don't go hunting it.
NRA Life Member

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

JustaShooter wrote:
AlanM wrote:

No, you don't.
Exactly - if it isn't conspicuous, don't go hunting it.
LOL! yeah I know that it's on them to have it "posted in a conspicuous location" And not to look too hard for one.

I truly wanted to know for my own knowledge since I do frequent that store from time to time and had never seen it posted. If it was, I have other options for shopping. We have two of their competitors in my small town. And since I have known the manager for years, I'd have let her know why I wouldn't be shopping there as long as it was a CPZ.

Having said that, I did visit the store yesterday for some things I needed. As I thought,not posted.
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
Face

Post by Face »

A couple of the FD's in my area are in such a bad part of the town, I would not even enter the parking lot unless I was at low-ready :)
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Face wrote:A couple of the FD's in my area are in such a bad part of the town, I would not even enter the parking lot unless I was at low-ready :)
I think I might've worked in the area that you're talking about a long time ago. :)
Fortunitely the Family Dollar closest to me is not in a smaller town with no significant bad spots per se, but I still don't usually shop there. I can usually get the same or better prices somewhere else. Where I live there's not a lot of Family Dollars, but plenty of Dollar Generals. There's more of them around here than Mcdonalds or Starbucks. I did have to drive by my nearest FD yesterday on my way to someplace else and looked at the front door just for curiousity, and maybe leave a card if they were posted. (they were not)
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

I've never seen any of there locations posted, ever.
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

It's hard to spot, but it's on a sign to the left of the entrance. The ones i've seen posted are central ave. and sylvania near elmhurst..
PT140 Millenium Pro .40 Cal., Gazelle IWB & OWB Leather Holster... Taurus .357 Magnum, Uncle Mike's Sidekick Belt Holster... Taurus "Judge" 3" Magnum., Uncle Mike's Sidekick Belt Holster...
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Marsh wrote:It's hard to spot
Stop looking so hard...
NRA Life Member

M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

It's probably an individual store thing.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

THere's a FD in Brewster, Oh that's posted that's near me and I stopped in from time to time, but then one day my 9yr. old saw the sign so we don't stop in there anymore.

I'm not going to inform some company or manager of some store that their sign isn't noticable , but on the other hand, if it's posted I want to know, as I don't want them getting my money for years and then find a sign and realizing they were anti gun and I gave them my business during that time either.

I'd rather give them a "No guns-No money card and a polite speech as to why I can't patronize them until they change their policy on carry and see were that leads.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".