Wine Spot in Cleveland Heights removed signs

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rimfireOH
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Wine Spot in Cleveland Heights removed signs

Post by rimfireOH »

Some time ago I (for the first time) dropped by the Wine Spot in Cleveland Heights (Lee Road, south of Meadowbrook in the Cedar/Lee area) to make a purchase and saw their gun-buster sign. I disarmed, went in and mentioned the sign. I got a shrug from one employee and so asked to talk to a manager.

The manager said that it was required since they serve alcohol and I explained that the other sign (ORC 4301.637(B), ". . . you may be guilty of a felony. . . .") covered that case and they should look into it further.

I made my purchase and then explained that this would be the last time I'd spend money with them while the sign was up and wasn't it a shame since they're so close to my house, etc.

Well, yesterday I noticed that the sign was down, so I went back and spent some money with them. I didn't recognize either of the two original people, so I decided not to make a fuss about it and just smiled, instead.

So, anyone in the neighborhood who imbibes, go spend some dollars with them (just make it a take-out order)!
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Wine Spot in Cleveland Heights removed signs

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Sounds like your pointing out their signage worked !

And you never know how many others have said something.

Some business owners will rethink their policy on forbidding carry, some wont. The ones that do, and remove the signage and policy, don't forget to thank them for doing so.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".