Drew's on the River, Cincinnati

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Drew's on the River, Cincinnati

Post by Brian D. »

Specifically, 4333 River Rd. (U.S. 50) out on the far west edge of town.

I went there at noon to attend a "Listener Lunch" hosted by 550 WKRC AM radio. Arrived to find a prominent "gunbuster" sign on their front door. Disarmed and went in to chat up the owner/manager. I've done this enough that it's not awkward to start the conversation. Also, by now I quickly get an accurate read of how the discussion will go, positive or negative.

Drew's fell into the negative category quicker than normal. Left them a few "No Guns = No Money" cards and asked him to think hard about the words on there.

Oh well. This place sits next to the Anderson Ferry, so I took my Jeep for a boat ride to Kentucky.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Re: Drew's on the River, Cincinnati

Post by Brian D. »

In telling this story elsewhere, someone asked me if the Anderson Ferry is posted against transport/carry of firearms, or if it's in some federal regulation or other that the ferry would have to comply with. I looked and looked, finding nothing. The Anderson Ferry is 200 years old, (literally, they started operations in 1817!) maybe they are just grandfathered from some of the U.S. goobermint nonsense, I don't know.

But there are other such transports with gun prohibitions. For example there's a Coast Guard(?) reg that bans firearms on the ferries to Put-In-Bay and the other islands. I don't understand the WHY of that by the way, it's not like you leave Ohio going from Port Clinton or Sandusky to those islands.

This might be a good time to get our statehouse to help push on DC a little bit to make some of these federal gun regulations go bye bye forever. If I can corner a state rep or senator at the Picnic, it could be a conversation starter.

********************************************************************************
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

Brian D. wrote: But there are other such transports with gun prohibitions. For example there's a Coast Guard(?) reg that bans firearms on the ferries to Put-In-Bay and the other islands. I don't understand the WHY of that by the way, it's not like you leave Ohio going from Port Clinton or Sandusky to those islands.
That may be a long hard battle, since Lake Erie is international waters. Maybe they're afraid someone is going to try and sneak over to invade Canada????
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I've looked at maps of Lake Erie that show the ferry route from our mainland to the Bass and Kelley Islands to be completely in Ohio.

scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by scottb »

dustymedic wrote: That may be a long hard battle, since Lake Erie is international waters.
Wrong.
It is hereby declared that the waters of Lake Erie consisting of the territory within the boundaries of the state, extending from the southerly shore of Lake Erie to the international boundary line between the United States and Canada, together with the soil beneath and their contents, do now belong and have always, since the organization of the state of Ohio, belonged to the state...
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/1506.10
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin