Rose Music Center, Huber Heights?

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Coordinators, Moderators

Rose Music Center, Huber Heights?

Postby Brian D. » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:33 am

Is this place a CPZ? Asking on behalf of a friend. I can't seem to access the Rose website via my phone. Thanks!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.
 
Posts: 14356
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: SW Ohio

Re: Rose Music Center, Huber Heights?

Postby curmudgeon3 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:56 am

curmudgeon3
 
Posts: 6528
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:31 pm

Re: Rose Music Center, Huber Heights?

Postby Brian D. » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:06 am

Thanks, curmudgeon3. What I expected.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.
 
Posts: 14356
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: SW Ohio

Re: Rose Music Center, Huber Heights?

Postby Brian D. » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:50 am

This particular pal spends a LOT of his free time in such CPZ's, willingly disarmed. Think he leaves his gun locked in the car most other times, where it WOULD be legal for him to carry. Lazy. I sometimes wonder why he even got a CHL.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.
 
Posts: 14356
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: SW Ohio

Re: Rose Music Center, Huber Heights?

Postby curmudgeon3 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:34 pm

Each time a business or .gov establishment blocks our individual RKBA and is let stand, Socialism moves one more step forward.
curmudgeon3
 
Posts: 6528
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:31 pm

Re: Rose Music Center, Huber Heights?

Postby 3FULLMAGS+1 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:08 am

curmudgeon3 wrote:Each time a business or .gov establishment blocks our individual RKBA and is let stand, Socialism moves one more step forward.


Well, a private business is one thing......it's their right no matter how ignorant it is to have such a policy.

But the gov., NO!

It's them v. us and they think they are better than us and don't want to trust the peasants.

But they let law enforcement in buildings that we "peasants" are NOT allowed in, yet "we".....the ordinary citizen, commit far fewer crimes than law enforcement. :roll:
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:01 pm
Location: S.W. corner of stark. co.

Re: Rose Music Center, Huber Heights?

Postby Brian D. » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:08 pm

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:
But they let law enforcement in buildings that we "peasants" are NOT allowed in, yet "we".....the ordinary citizen, commit far fewer crimes than law enforcement. :roll:


I've noticed the last few years that privately owned arenas are more and more often NOT exempting (off duty) law enforcement from the prohibition of carry.

That's not the direction I wanted to see such businesses go.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.
 
Posts: 14356
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: SW Ohio

Re: Rose Music Center, Huber Heights?

Postby curmudgeon3 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:22 pm

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:
curmudgeon3 wrote:Each time a business or .gov establishment blocks our individual RKBA and is let stand, Socialism moves one more step forward.


Well, a private business is one thing......it's their right no matter how ignorant it is to have such a policy.

But the gov., NO!

It's them v. us and they think they are better than us and don't want to trust the peasants.

But they let law enforcement in buildings that we "peasants" are NOT allowed in, yet "we".....the ordinary citizen, commit far fewer crimes than law enforcement. :roll:

.gov granted that "right" of private business to block the individual's RKBA while leaving it legal for the business
to keep and bear arms. Swamp needs drained.
curmudgeon3
 
Posts: 6528
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:31 pm

Re: Rose Music Center, Huber Heights?

Postby djthomas » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:10 pm

Brian D. wrote:I've noticed the last few years that privately owned arenas are more and more often NOT exempting (off duty) law enforcement from the prohibition of carry.

It seems to be an Ohio thing. The only place I've had problems is in Ohio, though not at the venues I attend in Cleveland. Texas, Arizona, Nevada? Out of state credentials are usually greeted with a "Cool man, thanks for doing your part." Sometimes they take my picture, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they want my cell #, sometimes they don't. But Columbus, Ohio? An apologetic local LEO and a jerk private security guard excited at the chance to order the cops around for a change.
Never ask if you can carry at a non-posted place, but always ask why you cannot at one that is!
Just because they offer call ahead seating doesn't mean you call ahead for carry permission.
User avatar
djthomas
 
Posts: 5724
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:09 am
Location: Medina County

Re: Rose Music Center, Huber Heights?

Postby 3FULLMAGS+1 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:22 am

Brian D. wrote:
3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:
But they let law enforcement in buildings that we "peasants" are NOT allowed in, yet "we".....the ordinary citizen, commit far fewer crimes than law enforcement. :roll:


I've noticed the last few years that privately owned arenas are more and more often NOT exempting (off duty) law enforcement from the prohibition of carry.

That's not the direction I wanted to see such businesses go.


Well their just tryin' to keep it a safe(r) and family friendly enviroment, don't ya know ! :roll: :?
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:01 pm
Location: S.W. corner of stark. co.


Return to Criminal Protection Zones (CPZs)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests