Half Price Books, Beavercreek OH

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

skyking

Half Price Books, Beavercreek OH

Post by skyking »

HPB had removed their posting a few months back. Went there last week and they have a brand new gunbuster sign.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity
-- Robert A Heinlein
rainmaker
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Half Price Books, Beavercreek OH

Post by rainmaker »

Saw same thing HPB Princeton Road near Bridgewater center - sign too noticeable to ignore (now).
Steve
NRA member (long, long time)
NMLRA member (even longer)
OFCC member, BFA member
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Yeah because the book selling business is so HOT to begin with in 2017, that they can turn away some customers without good reason.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

Oh they do okay. You sell them your books @ 5¢-10¢ they resell them at around $8 or better.
Col Duke

Post by Col Duke »

Saw the same sign at the Beavercreek HPB this past weekend. I asked the manager when, and under whose authority, it had been put back up. He couldn't remember exactly when, but said "corporate" had directed all stores have the sign. Called HPB corporate this past Monday and was told the decision had been made to post again after "much consideration" and input from employees and customers. At this point I asked they remove my name from all postal and electronic mailing lists. The response? "We'd be happy to."
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

DontTreadOnMe wrote:Oh they do okay. You sell them your books @ 5¢-10¢ they resell them at around $8 or better.
I've made the mistake of selling a lot of DvD's and books to them in the past when I needed cash...and my hiney's still sore from the experience. Your math is pretty much dead on. I'm sorry to hear that they've gone gunbuster again. I will not shop there any more. Amazon is a better source...and you have multiple books to choose from...instead of only one beat up, dog-eared used book like you find at HPB. Buncha Capitalist Hippies :evil:
Give em' Hell Pike!!!