First Merit to Huntington

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Coordinators, Moderators

Re: First Merit to Huntington

Postby M-Quigley » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:15 pm

qmti wrote:As far as Huntington is concerned I no longer bank there because of their loan policies. But with that said I went to the Huntington branch in Huber Heights Ohio one time and they have a entrance that you have to be bussed in once the teller sees you, then the door locks behind you and another door is there and both are locked till the teller busses you thru that door. I'm sure there is some kind of metal detector in that cubical. Very unfriendly environment. That branch must have been robbed a lot.


There is a fifth third bank branch in the Trotwood/north Dayton area that is the same way, except they have signs telling you that there is some kind of "weapons detection system" in the entrance. Being familiar with the area, I'm not surprised. :roll: Although it might protect the bank against robbery, it doesn't protect the patron who has to work to and from their car unarmed. I've seen couples go up to the door, and a woman will go inside, while the guy waits outside, scanning the area, not having his nose buried in a smart phone. Then when the woman comes out, he'll walk with her to their car. I don't know if he's carrying, but if you were a mugger would you want to find out the hard way?
M-Quigley
 
Posts: 2360
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:06 pm
Location: Western Ohio

Re: First Merit to Huntington

Postby sd790 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:56 am

carmen fovozzo wrote:
sd790 wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:Switched to HB from FM with my business account....lasted 2 months....this is a bank from hell....A lot of FM accounts did the same As I did.....
KEy Bank is very business friendly......and DO NOT POST...they did in 3 hours what HB couldn't do in 3 months...


KeyBank closed my trust account for my NFA trust because...guns. They are a VERY anti-gun bank and I suggest that none of of do business with them. I escallated my issue to the bank president. His office basically told me to go pound sand.

Screw KeyBank.


Can you explain that a bit more ?


I opened a trust account with KeyBank as an asset for my NFA trust. The account existed for about two months, until someone at KeyBank reviewed my trust documents and realized that it was a "gun trust". I had a well-respected local attorney who you probably know draw my trust papers and for some reason he mentioned firearms in the papers. They closed my account then told me afterwards that it was no longer an open account. The reason was, quite literally, because of guns.

I contacted the bank president's office and had several long and frustrating phone calls while they reviewed my trust. Then they told me to go pound sand.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:40 pm
Location: Delaware

Re: First Merit to Huntington

Postby carmen fovozzo » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:12 pm

To each his own..did they tell you specificly it was do to guns ? DO you have it in writing ?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member
 
Posts: 18123
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:08 am
Location: NEO

Re: First Merit to Huntington

Postby willbird » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:06 am

M-Quigley wrote:
qmti wrote:As far as Huntington is concerned I no longer bank there because of their loan policies. But with that said I went to the Huntington branch in Huber Heights Ohio one time and they have a entrance that you have to be bussed in once the teller sees you, then the door locks behind you and another door is there and both are locked till the teller busses you thru that door. I'm sure there is some kind of metal detector in that cubical. Very unfriendly environment. That branch must have been robbed a lot.


There is a fifth third bank branch in the Trotwood/north Dayton area that is the same way, except they have signs telling you that there is some kind of "weapons detection system" in the entrance. Being familiar with the area, I'm not surprised. :roll: Although it might protect the bank against robbery, it doesn't protect the patron who has to work to and from their car unarmed. I've seen couples go up to the door, and a woman will go inside, while the guy waits outside, scanning the area, not having his nose buried in a smart phone. Then when the woman comes out, he'll walk with her to their car. I don't know if he's carrying, but if you were a mugger would you want to find out the hard way?


I bet their system is not very good ;-). Because the one at the County courthouse is set off by my steel toed boots, they have to hand scan me. Cant imagine they go through all of that with every customer who is wearing steel or aluminum toed boots :-).

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member
 
Posts: 11279
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:19 am
Location: Exit 13 on the ohio Turnpike :-)

Re: First Merit to Huntington

Postby JustaShooter » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:23 am

willbird wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:
qmti wrote:As far as Huntington is concerned I no longer bank there because of their loan policies. But with that said I went to the Huntington branch in Huber Heights Ohio one time and they have a entrance that you have to be bussed in once the teller sees you, then the door locks behind you and another door is there and both are locked till the teller busses you thru that door. I'm sure there is some kind of metal detector in that cubical. Very unfriendly environment. That branch must have been robbed a lot.


There is a fifth third bank branch in the Trotwood/north Dayton area that is the same way, except they have signs telling you that there is some kind of "weapons detection system" in the entrance. Being familiar with the area, I'm not surprised. :roll: Although it might protect the bank against robbery, it doesn't protect the patron who has to work to and from their car unarmed. I've seen couples go up to the door, and a woman will go inside, while the guy waits outside, scanning the area, not having his nose buried in a smart phone. Then when the woman comes out, he'll walk with her to their car. I don't know if he's carrying, but if you were a mugger would you want to find out the hard way?


I bet their system is not very good ;-). Because the one at the County courthouse is set off by my steel toed boots, they have to hand scan me. Cant imagine they go through all of that with every customer who is wearing steel or aluminum toed boots :-).

Bill

Or customers that just have a bunch of metal on them - like me! I have more metal on me that is *not* my gun and ammo - leatherman, flashlight, keys, pocket knife, pen knife, phone, etc. Not to mention customers that bring in large quantities of coins. Screening each customer with a metal detector in that environment would not be very effective. It will not go well for you and your company if you lock me down in one of those things. :evil:
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
User avatar
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 4256
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:08 pm
Location: Akron/Canton Area

Re: First Merit to Huntington

Postby 3FULLMAGS+1 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:20 pm

JustaShooter wrote:

Or customers that just have a bunch of metal on them - like me! I have more metal on me that is *not* my gun and ammo - leatherman, flashlight, keys, pocket knife, pen knife, phone, etc. Not to mention customersat bring in large quantities of coins. Screening each customer with a metal detector in that environment would not be very effective. It will not go well for you and your company if you lock me down in one of those things. :evil:


I don't, nor would I, patronize a bank like that if I didn't have to..

Looking at what Justashooter carries, I think I can top that, as I also carry an inhaler, watch, small mint tin that I carry pills in and most of the time I have an ankle holster on and as I'm typing this , my wallet has a metal ring on it, (I just checked), and I'm carrying my eye glass case now-a-days.

It takes a bit of time to put all this crap on in the morning....I don't relish the thought of taking every single thing on me, off, so's they can "feel" safe. It would happen "once" if they started doing that and would be the last time, as I'd be taking my accounts elsewhere.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:01 pm
Location: S.W. corner of stark. co.

Re: First Merit to Huntington

Postby JustaShooter » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:44 pm

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:It would happen "once" if they started doing that and would be the last time, as I'd be taking my accounts elsewhere.

Indeed. Were I subjected to something like that, my first words to the teller would be "I need to speak to the manager about closing all of my family's accounts. Now."
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
User avatar
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 4256
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:08 pm
Location: Akron/Canton Area

Previous

Return to Criminal Protection Zones (CPZs)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests