Travelling to Tennessee

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

FormerNavy

Travelling to Tennessee

Post by FormerNavy »

Going to TN and it looks like they can post similar to OH. Anyone have any idea how prevalent posted premises are down there?
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Travelling to Tennessee

Post by JustaShooter »

Can't ever remember seeing one in any of my visits there. Of course, I'm always visiting NE Tenn - hillbilly country - so...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

From what I read Memphis has a lot of posted places, including the entire Beale Street district. Knoxville, Chattanooga and the rest of the state, especially rural areas, not much signage except in some city parks. That much is based on first hand experience. Nashville, I don't know, it's been a while.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
calvin56

Post by calvin56 »

In Nashville's Broadway area about half post. Outside of that you won't see many signs.
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by scottb »

I spend a fair amount of time in Bristol. I do not think I've seen any gun buster signs there.
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
docachna

Post by docachna »

Enjoy your trip down here to Tennessee !!!

The previous replies have pretty much captured it as to TN law. There is no requirement placed on you to notify; however, if you are stopped by LEO and they ask you if you have a weapon, and you are a CHL holder, you do THEN have to advise them IF you are armed.

Anywhere outside of the metro areas, they are pretty laid back about CHL and OC. Lots of places in Nashville are posted, but not all, by any means.

If you're coming to Nashville - just stay off the interstates anywhere around rush hour !!! :cry:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE