Chick-Fil-A

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

HancockCountyHAl

Chick-Fil-A

Post by HancockCountyHAl »

I was extremely disapointed to see the dreaded gun buster sign at the Harvard Park Chick-fil-a location. I've always enjoyed their food and wholesome atmosphere at other locations, but regrettably will now avoid all their locations.

btw, the link to do not patronize while armed yields this: Bad karma: we can't find that page!
HancockCountyHaL
Face

Re: Chick-Fil-A

Post by Face »

I think they all are, in any state that allows posting.
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Face wrote:I think they all are, in any state that allows posting.
Didn't realize that. Come to think of it my visits have been mostly to a couple locations in northern Kentucky, not so much Ohio. Bummer.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
docachna

Post by docachna »

None posted in TN that I've ever seen.

Maybe just a local manager or two who got the "required door decal" packet from some sign vendor and just blindly posted them ???

Doesn't strike me as the sort of thing Chick-Fil-A would subscribe to.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

HancockCountyHAl wrote:I was extremely disapointed to see the dreaded gun buster sign at the Harvard Park Chick-fil-a location. I've always enjoyed their food and wholesome atmosphere at other locations, but regrettably will now avoid all their locations.

btw, the link to do not patronize while armed yields this: Bad karma: we can't find that page!
I thought this had been brought up some time ago and resolved. Perhaps I'm remembering wrong.

In any event, this link works:

http://ohioccw.org/component/com_sobipr ... 38/sid,54/
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I can count the times I have been there on one hand...Macedonia Chick-Fil-A is NOT posted....about a year ago..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

I was in the one in Boardman OH last night. No sign that I saw, using the main entrance. This is a new building - March, I think, Never any signs on the old building that I noticed.

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Stark County's is not posted.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
HancockCountyHAl

Post by HancockCountyHAl »

I called their headquarters and was told each franchise could do as they pleased. I told them I wouldn't go to any of their restaurants in the future.
Sodbuster, you're right. Right their in the do not patronize list, but Iv'e never seen a sign at any other location I've been to.

ps: I haven' been to any McDonalds since 2010 because my local one is posted.
HancockCountyHaL
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Most fast food restaurant locations are franchises. Many times, the franchisee owns multiple locations in a municipal area.

Case in point, the local McDonald's to me is part of a small franchise operation. They own (at least when I worked there in High School) at least 5 other locations in the south and southwest portion of Columbus. If they choose to post, they would likely do that in all their locations for the franchise.

Chick-Fil-A is a little different in their structure. A franchisee is only allowed to own 1 restaurant in the Chick-Fil-A line. (I believe they are prohibited from operating any other franchises of any brand as well.) Chick-Fil-A wants each franchisee to focus on their particular store, making sure it is top notch.

In that instance, it is very possible that a single Chick-Fil-A is posted without others in the region being posted.

BTW, their model is paying off for our local Chick-Fil-A franchisee it would seem. You can barely get in the place - and it has been there for 3-4 years now like that.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rainmaker
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rainmaker »

We get to the one at Bridgewater Falls (near Hamilton) real regular and we were at VOA (near Mason) one night this week. No GB signs. As noted, must be up to individual franchisee - or maybe it's pushed by the landlord/shopping center operator and franchisee has to fall in line.
Steve
NRA member (long, long time)
NMLRA member (even longer)
OFCC member, BFA member
Hyflyer

Post by Hyflyer »

HancockCountyHAl wrote:I called their headquarters and was told each franchise could do as they pleased. I told them I wouldn't go to any of their restaurants in the future.
Sodbuster, you're right. Right their in the do not patronize list, but Iv'e never seen a sign at any other location I've been to.

What would you have liked Chick-Fil-A corporate to have done? Require their independent franchisee to allow carry in their store? That could be a double edge sword no? I would hate to see it swing the other way and corporate demand that all the independent franchisee's post!

If it is the individual store that makes the decision to post or not, why would you not patronize the Chick-Fil-A in the next town or whilst traveling that makes a more 2A friendly choice?

Just curious.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Hyflyer wrote:
HancockCountyHAl wrote:I called their headquarters and was told each franchise could do as they pleased. I told them I wouldn't go to any of their restaurants in the future.

What would you have liked Chick-Fil-A corporate to have done? Require their independent franchisee to allow carry in their store? That could be a double edge sword no? I would hate to see it swing the other way and corporate demand that all the independent franchisee's post!

If it is the individual store that makes the decision to post or not, why would you not patronize the Chick-Fil-A in the next town or whilst traveling that makes a more 2A friendly choice?

Just curious.
My sentiments exactly. We have one McDonald's franchise in my area that posts, and I've tried to get him to change but he is a died-in-the-wool anti so I gave up. But that doesn't keep me from patronizing other McDonald's franchises in the area that don't post.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
mreising

Post by mreising »

The only Chick-Fil-A that I regularly patronize is posted.

It is in Concourse B at CVG. Actually, the terminal is posted, the restaurant is not.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

JustaShooter wrote:
Hyflyer wrote:

Just curious.
My sentiments exactly. We have one McDonald's franchise in my area that posts, and I've tried to get him to change but he is a died-in-the-wool anti so I gave up. But that doesn't keep me from patronizing other McDonald's franchises in the area that don't post.

Problem with patronizing a McDonald's even if they are NOT posted is that Corporate,(the company), IS anti, and any money you spend at one of their stores, posted or not.....well......some of that money gets back to them.

Wendy's used to be anti also, but since Dave Thomas, the founder passed, it seems that policy as went away and that's why I patronize them over McDonalds were poss. ......and I think their foods better anyways
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".