Chick-Fil-A

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Chick-Fil-A

Post by AzRanger »

I've been to the one here in Willoughby several times and it's not posted.
God made man, Colt made them equal
Buckeyedoc

Post by Buckeyedoc »

rainmaker wrote:We get to the one at Bridgewater Falls (near Hamilton) real regular and we were at VOA (near Mason) one night this week. No GB signs. As noted, must be up to individual franchisee - or maybe it's pushed by the landlord/shopping center operator and franchisee has to fall in line.
I haven't seen a gun buster sign at the VOA (West Chester) or Centerville ones. I would go to the VOA store 2-3 times a week, too.
cityboy
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cityboy »

Rocky River location is a cpz at least since 12/16. I spoke with the manager on duty. He said there was some type of incident (no details) in the store recently, and that the owner started posting. The manager on duty said he was personally in favor of not being posted. I'll have to contact the owner and see what the story is.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

cityboy wrote:Rocky River location is a cpz at least since 12/16. I spoke with the manager on duty. He said there was some type of incident (no details) in the store recently, and that the owner started posting. The manager on duty said he was personally in favor of not being posted. I'll have to contact the owner and see what the story is.
Cleveland.com can save you a phone call. Honestly, can you blame them at this point? If you go there during the week the place is literally overrun with young children. I don't know the owner personally but after that "oopsey" I don't see any amount of talking or pleading being effective for a really, really long time.

I've been told that the sign doesn't reference the correct sections of the ORC - it specifically references the enumerated CPZs, which this establishment is not. I think the owner's intent is clear though.
AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by AzRanger »

No posting at the one in Willoughby!
God made man, Colt made them equal
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

sodbuster95 wrote:
HancockCountyHAl wrote:I was extremely disapointed to see the dreaded gun buster sign at the Harvard Park Chick-fil-a location. I've always enjoyed their food and wholesome atmosphere at other locations, but regrettably will now avoid all their locations.

btw, the link to do not patronize while armed yields this: Bad karma: we can't find that page!
I thought this had been brought up some time ago and resolved. Perhaps I'm remembering wrong.

In any event, this link works:

http://ohioccw.org/component/com_sobipr ... 38/sid,54/
Yep. I've complained about it several times.
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

sodbuster95 wrote:
HancockCountyHAl wrote:I was extremely disapointed to see the dreaded gun buster sign at the Harvard Park Chick-fil-a location. I've always enjoyed their food and wholesome atmosphere at other locations, but regrettably will now avoid all their locations.

btw, the link to do not patronize while armed yields this: Bad karma: we can't find that page!
I thought this had been brought up some time ago and resolved. Perhaps I'm remembering wrong.

In any event, this link works:

http://ohioccw.org/component/com_sobipr ... 38/sid,54/
Needs updated, the Hardin County Fairgrounds removed their signs some time ago.
In Kenton:
Save a Lot store has the "Liquor Commission " sign up not a gun buster.
The AAA store is no longer in existence.
Subway isn't posted.
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

I thought there was some formal method to submit updates to the list but I don't see any reference to one on that page. If we have an update methodology in place, it needs to be prominently displayed on that page as well as the other pages in the DNPWA. If we don't have an established formal methodology for submitting updates, then we definitely need to create one. Hopefully more attention will be paid to this than was paid to my previous requests for a corrected link. Yes, I know I'm being overly snide and I apologize for that. But something as important as the DNPWA database deserves better attention, both with good links and with up to date information in the database. I cringe when I think of new people coming here hoping to use the list, then not be able to due to that bad link. I have a similar reaction when I think of information that isn't up to date, with no obvious method to correct it. I'd volunteer to help with all this myself if I wasn't planning to leave Ohio this coming summer.
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

Since I've brought up the topic of my leaving Ohio, I'm also curious if anyone here would be interested in taking over responsibility for updating and publishing the Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws. I'm currently working on a new update reflecting new legislation, but once I leave Ohio it really should be taken over by someone who still lives here. The guide is also on the Ohio page at handgunlaw.us, so they depend on updates that keep it current too. If you're interested or aware of someone who might be, please send me a PM.

-- Samuel Adams