Ohio needs to follow Tennessee Cary Law

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

e3mrk

Ohio needs to follow Tennessee Cary Law

Post by e3mrk »

I ran across this article today. (Sorry if someone posted this before).

http://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2 ... ree-zones/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brian D.

Re: Ohio needs to follow Tennessee Cary Law

Post by Brian D. »

That's been percolating for a while. Not sure if it will stand court challenges, will try to keep an eye on this law. But, don't be so quick to pack up and move south. Tennessee doesn't have a strong statewide preemption laws; those cities who had 'No guns in parks' ordinances and such on their books got to keep them.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

While it sounds good, how do you prove that having a gun would have changed the outcome of the crime?

We know that a gun is not a magic wand...and so does the judge.
MyWifeSaidYes
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

I would prefer to put the effort toward eliminating government buildings as CPZ's.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:While it sounds good, how do you prove that having a gun would have changed the outcome of the crime?

We know that a gun is not a magic wand... so does the judge.
I asked a Tenn resident that question once, and his answer was that it was a question for a jury to decide, that the legislation didn't make a business automatically liable. I haven't seen the actual wording, nor am I a lawyer, so I don't know if that's true. (but then neither was the guy that said this)
e3mrk

Post by e3mrk »

It kind of sounds like the Politicians knew They couldn't make the Owners take down the Signs but to make Gun owning Voters happy They came up with a incentive for Them to be removed.Of course I could be wrong.