What do YOU do when you see CPZ sign?

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: What do YOU do when you see CPZ sign?

Post by dl1911 »

To me those signs have always said "We don't want your business" so I happily take it somewhere else.
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Brian D. wrote:I meant that advise not just for you, by the way. I know more than a few CHL'ers who just blithely ignore the signs and carry wherever they feel like. And to make it worse, spend money at such places when friendlier options are available.
Exactly, and if they get caught,in a way , can reflect badly on the "rest" of us who carry, BUT on the flip side, sometimes we "have" to do business with companies who don't respect our right to defend ourselves.....decisions, decisions.

I am forced to do business with a company every week that posts, but I never enter any of their buildings so I carry and leave my piece in the truck when I get out, which isn't long anyway and would be civil trespass if caught, but they would probably not do business with me after that, which could be bad for me.

Otherwise, I normally won't patronize a company that posts and go out of my way when poss. to use another business.
And I have on occasion, though not lately, sent receipts to companies who post, showing the sale they lost for doing so,
For some, the light bulb comes on, for the rest, well the ignorance continues, so spending the time sending receipts and using our NO GUNS=NO MONEY cards is worth it to me, but there needs to be a larger number of us doing it , I feel, for it to be really effective.

....now what to do with the anti-gun Applebee's gift card my sister/brother-in law gave us. :x

I know they gave us the cards because they know I carry and Applebee's post's and we're not really on talkin' terms just to spite me......maybe I'll giv'em to my dogs, their out of chew toys. :wink:
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
mreising

Post by mreising »

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote: ....now what to do with the anti-gun Applebee's gift card my sister/brother-in law gave us. :x

I know they gave us the cards because they know I carry and Applebee's post's and we're not really on talkin' terms just to spite me......maybe I'll giv'em to my dogs, their out of chew toys. :wink:
Well, since Applebee's already has the money, they would love to never have that GC turned in; infinite profit percentage for them. Why not put it to good use helping your fellow man? Find a down on their luck homeless person, give them the card and a ride to the nearest Applebee's. The card is not wasted, a hungry person gets to eat, and if you find a really offensive smelling person, the restaurant might suffer a bit.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

I thought all Applebee's were posted until I had to go to a retirement dinner at the Springfield Ohio restaurant. I saw no posted sign as I walked in. So I may eat there again. Could this be a franchise?
RF_Plumber

Post by RF_Plumber »

qmti wrote:I thought all Applebee's were posted until I had to go to a retirement dinner at the Springfield Ohio restaurant. I saw no posted sign as I walked in. So I may eat there again. Could this be a franchise?

The Applebee's in Fremont is not posted.
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
--P.J. O'Rourke
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

mreising wrote:
3FULLMAGS+1 wrote: ....now what to do with the anti-gun Applebee's gift card my sister/brother-in law gave us. :x

Well, since Applebee's already has the money, they would love to never have that GC turned in; infinite profit percentage for them. Why not put it to good use helping your fellow man? Find a down on their luck homeless person, give them the card and a ride to the nearest Applebee's. The card is not wasted, a hungry person gets to eat, and if you find a really offensive smelling person, the restaurant might suffer a bit.

I was more interested in "wasting" their money because of why they did it, but I like your thinking.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".