Cleveland Rock Hall

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Funk49

Cleveland Rock Hall

Post by Funk49 »

Does anyone know if there's any restriction for carry in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame???
Funk49

Re: Cleveland Rock Hall

Post by Funk49 »

I found the answer....under their Accessibility and Services section....

"It is illegal to carry a firearm, deadly weapon, or dangerous ordinance anywhere on these premises. Unless otherwise authorized by law, no person shall knowingly possess, have under the person’s control, convey, or attempt to convey a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance onto these premises. Posted Pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code. - "
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Moved to the appropriate sub forum.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Is the R&R Hall of Fame a government owned building?
Is it REALLY an enumerated CPZ by state law.

That text quoted above is the text that was SUGGESTED by the OAG back in 2004 for the signs to be posted on enumerated CPZs.

If the Hall of Fame is a privately owned entity then it is not, by law, illegal to carry there open or concealed.
The owner/management CAN post it as a CPZ, BUT that would be a case of trespass IF the person didn't leave when requested.

I COULD be wrong in all of the above, but I don't think so.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

AlanM wrote:If the Hall of Fame is a privately owned entity then it is not, by law, illegal to carry there open or concealed.
The owner/management CAN post it as a CPZ, BUT that would be a case of trespass IF the person didn't leave when requested.
Technically, it is Criminal Trespass even without the owner asking you to leave. But, as has been discussed here before you will most likely get asked to leave and have to refuse before you would be arrested.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

I seem to recall that someone raised this issue back in the early days and the somewhat apologetic response they got indicated a connection to government ownership, hence the reason they were posted. A quick property search shows that it is owned by the City of Cleveland. The museum itself is a non-profit so it's probably one of those government owned, leased to a private entity deals.

For the purposes of felony versus misdemeanor the question then becomes what government officials are regularly present to perform their duties (i.e. non-museum personnel)? Otherwise as others have pointed out it's going to be criminal trespass. Both illegal.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Thanks for answering my question and the clarifications.
I sit corrected.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.