Cotsco Warehouse Club

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Cotsco Warehouse Club

Post by 147Doc »

Being a Costco member... now wondering about the switch to Sam's... can a Sam's Club member confirm for me they are pro-2A, or, at least, not posted?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Best I know, Sam's follows the example of parent company WalMart. Briefly, they allow whatever carry is allowed in each state they are located in.

Doesn't mean you won't encounter an overzealous manager who opposes/doesn't understand lawful open carry.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

carmen fovozzo wrote:
Mr. Glock wrote:They tend to post in whatever state allows them to do so.
Not according to Corporate....all States are the same...no pistolie...
But some states do not have the dreaded "No Guns" sign that carries the force of law.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
mreising

Post by mreising »

Mr. Glock wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:
Mr. Glock wrote:They tend to post in whatever state allows them to do so.
Not according to Corporate....all States are the same...no pistolie...
But some states do not have the dreaded "No Guns" sign that carries the force of law.
But why patronize a company that has a policy contrary to your beliefs? Spend your money elsewhere when possible (says the guy who occasionally has to go the Buffalo Wild Wings to keep his wife happy).
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

mreising wrote: But why patronize a company that has a policy contrary to your beliefs? Spend your money elsewhere when possible (says the guy who occasionally has to go the Buffalo Wild Wings to keep his wife happy).
Even the BWW's in northern Kentucky are prominently posted, where the signs have no direct force of law. I have eaten at the Chik-fill-a next door to the Newport BWW a few times now, and stapled the receipt to a No Guns = No Money card so the anti-gun place can see the lost revenue. On one occasion it was a pile of receipts from a dozen of us. That at least got a raised eyebrow from the B Dubs manager, along with a "It's not MY policy" quasi-apology.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

Getting Costco to even reconsider their CPZ policy is a lost cause. They started in San Diego with corporate offices now in the anti-freedom cesspool of Seattle, WA. :roll:
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

Brian D. wrote:Best I know, Sam's follows the example of parent company WalMart. Briefly, they allow whatever carry is allowed in each state they are located in.

Doesn't mean you won't encounter an overzealous manager who opposes/doesn't understand lawful open carry.

Thanks, Brian
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

carmen fovozzo wrote:I already got a response...it is that form letter you just read.....might need a open carry walk when it opens....I can't believe I said that....
Don't think that would be a good PR move, but we won't let you forget it anyway....hows that?
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Where can I find one of these cotsco store :) s.
Black Rifles Matter
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

steves 50de wrote:Where can I find one of these cotsco store :) s.

http://www.costco.com/warehouse-locatio ... ogId=10701" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Greg the baker

Post by Greg the baker »

147Doc wrote:Being a Costco member... now wondering about the switch to Sam's... can a Sam's Club member confirm for me they are pro-2A, or, at least, not posted?

I'm a member at Sam's and always carry a J-frame and/or an H&K P30. Many times I've seen guys in Sam's OC 1911s or carrying while printing or their shirt rides up exposing the grip frame. Like Brian mentioned their policy mirrors that of their parent company, Walmart. But the the membership dues $30-50/yr keeps out much/most of the Walmart trash.

Not being a Costco member I can't say how the two stack up on prices. Some of the best values I've found are clothing - bought a Calloway golf pullover jacket and pair of Levi's for $40 total. But those things are based on availability. If you or anyone in your family has allergies, that makes the membership worthwhile- we buy the generic Zyrtec for my wife for about $30 for 300.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Sometimes their gas is 10 to 15 cents cheaper than other places,....sams is pro 2A.
Black Rifles Matter
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

Well, I must be the only one that ever bought a gun at Costco, huh?
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
Funk49

Post by Funk49 »

Will notifying the public about their NGZ suffice and legal if only posted on their website and NOT on the premises????
I would think I have to SEE it on location....Believe it or not,everybody still does not have access to a computer...
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

orc 2923.126(3)(C)(a) wrote:Except as provided in division (C)(3)(b) of this section, the owner or person in control of private land or premises, and a private person or entity leasing land or premises owned by the state, the United States, or a political subdivision of the state or the United States, may post a sign in a conspicuous location on that land or on those premises prohibiting persons from carrying firearms or concealed firearms on or onto that land or those premises.
A web page is not a sign unless they print it and tape it to the front door.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer