Cotsco Warehouse Club

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Cotsco Warehouse Club

Post by carmen fovozzo »

New one opening up soon about 10 minutes from home...Went to there web site to purchase membership...until I read there policy on guns.....SORRY COTSCO, I' m sticking with Sam's Club... :x :cry: :twisted: :evil: :roll: :(
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Brian D.

Re: Cotsco Warehouse Club

Post by Brian D. »

Way to go, Carmen! Always read the fine print.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

Did you shoot them off a letter?
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Email..
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

I'm certainly interested to know what you found, and where. I've never been able to find anything relating to firearms on their site, or in their stores.

Found it now - if did not used to be there.

For anyone else who cares:
http://www.costco.com/member-privileges-conditions.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Under General Policies:
- Costco policy prohibits firearms to be brought into the warehouse, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

They tend to post in whatever state allows them to do so.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

Mr. Glock wrote:They tend to post in whatever state allows them to do so.
But apparently in very weird places. My parents have a membership there and I've gone with them a time or two to help with large purchases and I've never seen a sign. At one point I may have heard a rumor that if I wanted to become a member there could be a big sign in the room where they take your membership card photo and/or there might be a notice in the membership paperwork. I'm not a member and have no intention of becoming one, so I have no reason to investigate beyond the public entrance, same as any other retail establishment.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Not according to Corporate....all States are the same...no pistolie...
rouger10

Post by rouger10 »

carmen fovozzo wrote:
Not according to Corporate....all States are the same...no pistolie...
No Pistolie........No Dinero !!!!
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

Just sent:
Two weeks ago, my family and I decided to try Costco for the first time. A couple of friends had recently recommended it, so we decided to give it a try.

As we approached the front door, we noticed a "no guns" sign in the window. Since my wife and I are law-abiding concealed carry licensees, we were forced to return to our car and drive away to find another store. As you may know, the sign in your front window makes it illegal to enter while lawfully armed. Since personal safety should be at the forefront of everyone's concerns, I hope you recognize that the posted "no guns allowed" signs cause Costco to be LESS safe in case of any serious encounter with a criminally-minded person.

Like over 500,000 other Ohioans, I choose to lawfully carry a concealed firearm to protect myself and my family. As an Ohio Concealed Handgun License holder, I have no felony convictions, have never been convicted of any drug offense, and have passed a criminal history background check. How much do you know about your other customers?

Despite the good recommendations from my friends, my family and I will not support any business who has such a policy. The vast majority of your competition recognizes that this arbitrary restriction is meaningless and that because you have a sign at your front door and an anti-gun policy, you are ensuring that only criminals will be armed in your store while announcing to them that nobody will be there to stop them from acting. Instead, we will spend our hard-earned money at any of your many competitors who do not arbitrarily put everyone's safety at risk by forcing lawfully armed citizens to disarm.

In Ohio, there is no liability risk from allowing lawfully armed citizens in your store, so that should not be of concern. As a courtesy, I will ensure that your information is entered into OFCC's "Do Not Patronize While Armed" database of businesses do not respect lawfully armed Ohioans. When you choose to remove this restriction, I will be more than happy to remove that information from the database.

Please remove this unnecessary and offensive sign, please change your policy, and please realistically consider the impact of this policy on public and employee safety concerns.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

sd790 wrote:Just sent:
Two weeks ago, my family and I decided to try Costco for the first time. A couple of friends had recently recommended it, so we decided to give it a try.

As we approached the front door, we noticed a "no guns" sign in the window. Since my wife and I are law-abiding concealed carry licensees, we were forced to return to our car and drive away to find another store. As you may know, the sign in your front window makes it illegal to enter while lawfully armed. Since personal safety should be at the forefront of everyone's concerns, I hope you recognize that the posted "no guns allowed" signs cause Costco to be LESS safe in case of any serious encounter with a criminally-minded person.

Like over 500,000 other Ohioans, I choose to lawfully carry a concealed firearm to protect myself and my family. As an Ohio Concealed Handgun License holder, I have no felony convictions, have never been convicted of any drug offense, and have passed a criminal history background check. How much do you know about your other customers?

Despite the good recommendations from my friends, my family and I will not support any business who has such a policy. The vast majority of your competition recognizes that this arbitrary restriction is meaningless and that because you have a sign at your front door and an anti-gun policy, you are ensuring that only criminals will be armed in your store while announcing to them that nobody will be there to stop them from acting. Instead, we will spend our hard-earned money at any of your many competitors who do not arbitrarily put everyone's safety at risk by forcing lawfully armed citizens to disarm.

In Ohio, there is no liability risk from allowing lawfully armed citizens in your store, so that should not be of concern. As a courtesy, I will ensure that your information is entered into OFCC's "Do Not Patronize While Armed" database of businesses do not respect lawfully armed Ohioans. When you choose to remove this restriction, I will be more than happy to remove that information from the database.

Please remove this unnecessary and offensive sign, please change your policy, and please realistically consider the impact of this policy on public and employee safety concerns.
...........and we're all waiting for their ignorant, canned response about how much they care about our , (or your), safety, and "that" is why they "don't" allow guns....... :roll: :lol:
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote: ...........and we're all waiting for their ignorant, canned response about how much they care about our , (or your), safety, and "that" is why they "don't" allow guns....... :roll: :lol:
You are quite good at predictions. :lol:
Dear [sd790],

We appreciate you taking the time to email Costco Wholesale.

Costco Wholesale is a membership-only warehouse club. It is not open to the general public. It restricts membership to a limited group of qualified individuals who agree to membership conditions. We have the right and the obligation to our members, to enact and enforce membership rules. The Member Service Employees at the exit doors are obliged to follow these rules. By obtaining a Costco membership card, our members agree to comply with the Membership Rules and the Privileges and Conditions of membership.

Costco does not believe that it is necessary for firearms to be brought into its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers. For the protection of all our members and employees, we feel this is a reasonable and prudent precaution to ensure a pleasant shopping experience and safe workplace. Our policy is meant to protect our members and employees in all warehouses around the world. This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business.

Our primary goal at Costco Wholesale is to keep our members happy. If you believe that our policy restricting members from bringing firearms into our warehouse stores is either unfair or excessively burdensome, or you cannot agree to abide by this policy, or you are dissatisfied for any other reason, Costco will promptly refund your annual membership fee in full.

Thank you,

[name withheld to protect the ignorant]
Member Service Center
Costco Wholesale Corporation
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

sd790 wrote:
3FULLMAGS+1 wrote: ...........and we're all waiting for their ignorant, canned response about how much they care about our , (or your), safety, and "that" is why they "don't" allow guns....... :roll: :lol:
You are quite good at predictions. :lol:
Dear [sd790],

We appreciate you taking the time to email Costco Wholesale.

Costco Wholesale is a membership-only warehouse club. It is not open to the general public. It restricts membership to a limited group of qualified individuals who agree to membership conditions. We have the right and the obligation to our members, to enact and enforce membership rules. The Member Service Employees at the exit doors are obliged to follow these rules. By obtaining a Costco membership card, our members agree to comply with the Membership Rules and the Privileges and Conditions of membership.

Costco does not believe that it is necessary for firearms to be brought into its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers. For the protection of all our members and employees, we feel this is a reasonable and prudent precaution to ensure a pleasant shopping experience and safe workplace. Our policy is meant to protect our members and employees in all warehouses around the world. This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business.

Our primary goal at Costco Wholesale is to keep our members happy. If you believe that our policy restricting members from bringing firearms into our warehouse stores is either unfair or excessively burdensome, or you cannot agree to abide by this policy, or you are dissatisfied for any other reason, Costco will promptly refund your annual membership fee in full.

Thank you,

[name withheld to protect the ignorant]
Member Service Center
Costco Wholesale Corporation

Lets see, they are only thinking of our safety......oh.....wait a minute......they are only caring about their members and employee's safety......how so, or from whom.......Ooooh they want to protect their members / employee's from .......US....NOW I get it, well not really, but.....
They consider us a danger to their members / employee's. How nice of them to imply that, "indirectly", to our faces!

They also seem to want to keep their members "happy" (?).......the warm, fuzzy, feelly thing again......uh , ya I get that too..... :wink:

Fortunate, (or unfortunately), for them, they won't have to refund your membership or mine, sd79

Now we're all waiting on their response to carmens e-mail. :lol:
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I already got a response...it is that form letter you just read.....might need a open carry walk when it opens....I can't believe I said that....
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Hmmm... what would Clark Howard do?
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas