Cotsco Warehouse Club

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Cotsco Warehouse Club

Post by JustaShooter »

sd790 wrote:
orc 2923.126(3)(C)(a) wrote:Except as provided in division (C)(3)(b) of this section, the owner or person in control of private land or premises, and a private person or entity leasing land or premises owned by the state, the United States, or a political subdivision of the state or the United States, may post a sign in a conspicuous location on that land or on those premises prohibiting persons from carrying firearms or concealed firearms on or onto that land or those premises.
A web page is not a sign unless they print it and tape it to the front door.
Just to be clear, notice doesn't have to come in the form of a sign, can be given other ways, see http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2911.21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Comey

Post by Comey »

So even though the stores dont have signs, I have to read the policies of a retail establishment to know if I can carry or not?
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

If you join their membership it will be written there that no guns allowed in the paper work..I was told...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

carmen fovozzo wrote:If you join their membership it will be written there that no guns allowed in the paper work..I was told...
Haven't been in awhile, but the one in Mayfield used to have a sign posted at the entrance.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Face

Post by Face »

carmen fovozzo wrote:If you join their membership it will be written there that no guns allowed in the paper work..I was told...

You would not have to join or read those policies, some let you enter without joining, heard their food court is "open" as well.

If they sell beer , wine or low liquor - it has to be sold to anyone - Ohio state law.

I believe friends may also come in.

SO if they do not post - a lot could come in with out never knowing.

Have not been in one in - maybe forever :) Nearest is 60 miles away, Sam's is 2 miles.
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Food court ? You can not buy anything if you do not have a membership....you may visit for free but no ticky
no washie.
Face

Post by Face »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Food court ? You can not buy anything if you do not have a membership....you may visit for free but no ticky
no washie.
Don't know - never been there - but booze and prescriptions require no membership. - Same for Sam's
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

There are no booze or pharmacist in either Sam's or Costco......
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

carmen fovozzo wrote:There are no booze or pharmacist in either Sam's or Costco......
All the ones down here in Cincinnati have both. Good selection and cheaper prices as well.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I wonder why none up here where I live ?
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8zNsUTWsOc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BTW the movie the clip came from is the funniest movie I have ever seen. Probably because I deal with many of the characters (or ones somewhat like them) daily.
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
Comey

Post by Comey »

If not posted, but written in the fine print, what criminal issues can arise? Would it be a crime to carry, even though they dont post?
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Comey wrote:If not posted, but written in the fine print, what criminal issues can arise? Would it be a crime to carry, even though they dont post?
For YOU, now that you know, it would be a crime (criminal trespass) to knowingly enter while armed. :wink:

For everyone else, they would have to be told about the policy or simply asked to leave.

If they leave, no harm, no foul.

If they do NOT leave and instead stay and argue about lack of signage, they are committing criminal trespass.
MyWifeSaidYes