Are there any UNposted theaters within 75 miles of Columbus?

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ArmedPatriots

Are there any UNposted theaters within 75 miles of Columbus?

Post by ArmedPatriots »

The wife and I want to see couple movies coming out soon but AMC bought out our Starplex here that WASNT posted...but is posted now.
I refuse to give this scum my money so we're looking for any theater within an hour or so of Columbus (OH, obviously) that isnt posted.
Any one know of any? Weve looked online but nothing found so far
Isnt it ironic that the anti gun agenda response to defenseless people being murdered is to try to make them even more defenseless...
daveinohio

Re: Are there any UNposted theaters within 75 miles of Colum

Post by daveinohio »

Crosswoods and Rave are not posted.
ArmedPatriots

Post by ArmedPatriots »

daveinohio wrote:Crosswoods and Rave are not posted.
Thanks. Ill check them out.
It drives me nuts that AMC has the audacity to just buy up smaller chains and post the GB sign like they did with Starplex.
Isnt it ironic that the anti gun agenda response to defenseless people being murdered is to try to make them even more defenseless...
ArmedPatriots

Post by ArmedPatriots »

Rave seems to have been bought out by Cinemark who generally posts...but Ill drive by and check it out anyway to be sure.
Crosswoods may be the ticket for now...dont see them in the database or anything online so far...fingers crossed
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

ArmedPatriots wrote:
Rave seems to have been bought out by Cinemark who generally posts...but Ill drive by and check it out anyway to be sure.
Crosswoods may be the ticket for now...dont see them in the database or anything online so far...fingers crossed

Either of the Marcus theaters in the Columbus area would be a choice (Crosswoods on the northside, or the one in Pickerington). I personally prefer the Crosswoods theater for the Ultra screen and recliners in all of the theaters.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

It might be at the outer limits of your range, about 60 miles from I-270 on US 33, but the price savings will far offset the extra fuel.

Movies 10 in Nelsonville (http://www.moviesten.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) is a first-run theater that only charges $4 ($6 for 3D) for all shows. Their popcorn, drinks and candy are all similarly cheap. $1 hot dogs. There are bypasses around both Lancaster and Nelsonville, and there are only about 4 stop lights between Columbus and the far side of Nelsonville, where the theater is located. A good portion is 70 MPH.

They are not posted and have never even flinched at my open carry.
Last edited by MyWifeSaidYes on Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MyWifeSaidYes
ArmedPatriots

Post by ArmedPatriots »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:It might be at the outer limits of your range, but the price savings will far offset the extra fuel.

Movies 10 in Nelsonville (http://www.moviesten.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) is a first-run theater that only charges $4 ($6 for 3D) for all shows. Their popcorn, drinks and candy are all similarly cheap. $1 hot dogs. There are bypasses around both Lancaster and Nelsonville, and there are only about 4 stop lights between Columbus and the far side of Nelsonville, where the theater is located. A good portion is 70 MPH.

They are not posted and have never even flinched at my open carry.
wow...cool...thanks.
Driving distance isnt much of a concern, we can just make a day of it while we're driving...maybe do some exploring after the movie
ArmedPatriots

Post by ArmedPatriots »

Stryker74 wrote:
ArmedPatriots wrote:

Either of the Marcus theaters in the Columbus area would be a choice (Crosswoods on the northside, or the one in Pickerington). I personally prefer the Crosswoods theater for the Ultra screen and recliners in all of the theaters.
cool, thanks for the input
xd9allthetime

Post by xd9allthetime »

well it's technically within 75 miles of C'bus (71.1miles) but Cinemark Miami Valley in Piqua, OH isn't posted.
Great minds think alike, unfortunately so do stupid ones...
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

ArmedPatriots wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:...Movies 10 in Nelsonville (http://www.moviesten.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) ...
wow...cool...thanks.
Driving distance isnt much of a concern, we can just make a day of it while we're driving...maybe do some exploring after the movie
Then I would suggest a visit to Old Man's Cave and enjoy one of the short hiking trails, then dinner and a movie.

Here's a list of activities and trails. Trail difficulty varies from 'difficult' to 'handicap accessible'.

http://parks.ohiodnr.gov/hockinghills#activities" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes
ArmedPatriots

Post by ArmedPatriots »

drove up to Marcus cinema off 23N ..went inside and didnt see any signs. Man thats a big theater. Very nice.
Thanks again for all the info. We searched online but were coming up with nothing
ArmedPatriots

Post by ArmedPatriots »

Went to Marcus Cinema in the Worthington area North Columbus to see the movie finally. Man what a fantastic place. Had I known about it before Id have been going there all along.
Those reclining seats are really nice and the prices were pretty much the same as the Starplex was here before AMC bums bought it out.
Captain America Civil war was one of the better Marvel movies to date. I didnt really like the Winter Soldier much but they made up for it in spades with this movie.
Thanks again for all the help guys. Youre great as usual.