Keeping my fingers crossed on busting a gunbuster...

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

varro

Keeping my fingers crossed on busting a gunbuster...

Post by varro »

Hey guys and gals, it's been a while since I've posted on here but I figured this was worth mentioning. I went to the closest available place to get my haircut, which happened to be the great clips on Neil Avenue (Thurber Village). Upon the completion of mowing my head and swiping my card, I glanced around while waiting for my receipt. It was only then that I noticed the gunbuster sign by the front door. I asked the gentleman ringing me up if the manager was in, and he wasn't, so I left the gentleman a NGNM card to pass along to the manager (Thanks again, Chuck. I was the "gun in a baggie" instigator that stopped by to talk to you at the gun show this past Sunday). Anyway, I'll be following up with a phone call to the manager tomorrow to make sure he got the card and see if we can't get this thing taken down.
"The unarmed man is not just defenseless; he is also contemptible." -- Machiavellli

"Beware the fury of a patient man." -- John Dryden
Brian D.

Re: Keeping my fingers crossed on busting a gunbuster...

Post by Brian D. »

Lately on here we've had a fair amount of discussion about barber shops/hair salons with regards to gun buster signs.National chains like Great Clips seem to be the worst offenders. You may not have much luck educating them.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

....and if they refuse, I'm sure there are more than a few on this board who can point you to another Barber that respects your desire to defend yourself.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

I'd never, ever patronize Great Clips ... but time was the local one had a standard corporate "No weapons allowed on premises" sticker on the door. Someone obviously did some vandalism inside the store one day because while walking by I noticed the sign changes to "Weapons allowed on premises", thanks to some quick razor work. It stayed like that for at least three years before all the corporate signage was updated and a replacement gun buster appeared.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Very nice meeting and chatting with you on Sunday
Good luck on the barbershop

Keep us posted
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

The two Great Clips I've been to in Fremont and Tiffin aren't posted, I always carry in those shops.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
varro

Post by varro »

Just to bring you guys up to speed; I called the manager two days after I left the NGNM card, and he seemed more annoyed than anything. He dismissed it as corporate policy. I know I've heard of Great Clips not being posted in certain areas, so is it possible that it is a decision made by the owner/franchisee? And in the meantime, where are some gun friendly barbers in the Columbus area? I was never a big fan of the liberal atmosphere at that location anyway.
"The unarmed man is not just defenseless; he is also contemptible." -- Machiavellli

Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

Hmm.. I've been to a few great clips down this way and haven't noticed any of those posted.
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
varro

Post by varro »

That's why I'm thinking it may be the owner's call, and not necessarily corporate policy.

Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

Yeah sounds like you got fed a line of BS.
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
ruger

Post by ruger »

I was at the Great Clips in Amherst (Oak Point Road) yesterday.... This location is not posted.
roughsawn

Post by roughsawn »

varro wrote:Just to bring you guys up to speed; I called the manager two days after I left the NGNM card, and he seemed more annoyed than anything. He dismissed it as corporate policy. I know I've heard of Great Clips not being posted in certain areas, so is it possible that it is a decision made by the owner/franchisee? And in the meantime, where are some gun friendly barbers in the Columbus area? I was never a big fan of the liberal atmosphere at that location anyway.
Beechwold Barber shop on Indianola does a great haircuts and is carry friendly. In fact, I took my chl class there. 8)
Working on a Sig line. So far, I have a P250, a 938, and an Ultra!

http://myreloadingbench.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
varro

Post by varro »

roughsawn wrote:
varro wrote:Just to bring you guys up to speed; I called the manager two days after I left the NGNM card, and he seemed more annoyed than anything. He dismissed it as corporate policy. I know I've heard of Great Clips not being posted in certain areas, so is it possible that it is a decision made by the owner/franchisee? And in the meantime, where are some gun friendly barbers in the Columbus area? I was never a big fan of the liberal atmosphere at that location anyway.
Beechwold Barber shop on Indianola does a great haircuts and is carry friendly. In fact, I took my chl class there. 8)
Great! I'll give it a go next time I need a haircut.