Is a house of hospitality a church

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

packin'mom

Re: Is a house of hospitality a church

Post by packin'mom »

Ole_grizzly wrote:About it being illegal to hoard guns, not to my knowledge as long as they were legally acquired. According to the article I linked, he was asked to resign and eventually entered treatment. From talking to long time residents and volunteers, he was insanely controlling, harsh, and didn't endear himself to many people. I've heard many times things like "never would have been allowed to do that when the Abbott was here" and it would be something like a resident sitting in the dining room during meals or owning a cat. He forbid people from going upstairs, and then they knew why, because of all the firearms. This is the kind of place that currently locks up the knives in the kitchen between meals, so having that type of arsenal around people down on their luck unsecured wasn't a great idea.
Insane is definitely the word that fit the Abbott. The firearms were not stored upstairs at St. Herman's. They were stored at a farm that was owned by the monastery. He didn't allow people to go upstairs because that is where he stored all of the clothing that was donated. He was a hoarder. Its a shame that items that were donated to help the needy were being hoarded by a nut case but that is the fact of the matter. He was a very controlling megalomaniac and he was very cruel to those who went there seeking help. He treated those people like subjects, he acted like a dictator. Too bad it too so long to get him out of there.
Packin' Mom