Chapel Hill Mall Penneys

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

xracer

Chapel Hill Mall Penneys

Post by xracer »

Went to Pennys with the wife and much to my dismay there was a no firearms sign on the door. That's new, oh well, Sears still doesn't have one.
Keep your eyes on the road and the rubber side down.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Chapel Hill Mall Penneys

Post by qmti »

I worked for Sears 38 years. The local store managers have great discretion on how they run their stores. I would imagine he was persuaded by some local politicians in his area or the mall management. I don't think at the corporate level that it was an issued policy.
Newcomer
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Newcomer »

When I have to go there, I always go in through Sears
"You don't have to agree with everything I say...but eventually you'll come to your senses."
http://www.gunauction.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Penny's never had one , nor did Sear's..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Can't hurt to talk to the Penney's manager then. Sign could be the doing of a rogue employee or just about anybody; doubtful corporate made such a change.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
wickedgreyzx3

Post by wickedgreyzx3 »

I would not go anywhere around chapel hill with out a for, of self defense, any more if I need to go to Sears for appliances or anything I take the journey to Belden village and we have a penny's in Montrose.
LegoGlock

Post by LegoGlock »

Don't worry, that mall has a short life left with stores such as Macys, Old Navy and Express high tailing out.
“If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when?”
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

I've been out of the state for a while plus I moved from the Fairlawn area of Bath to Stow some time before that but I'm curious.
Has the Rolling Acres Mall been torn down yet?

Never mind. I just Googled "Rolling Acres Mall" and clicked on "Images".
Unbelievable!
Twenty some years ago I used to take my ~ 1 year old daughter in her stroller to that mall nearly every afternoon to get as much visual and auditory input and human interaction as possible.

Remember the movie "Short Circuit" with Five shouting "Input! Input! More Input!".
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Pretty steady work these days in Ohio if your resume includes "mall demolition". From the first time I went to a gun show at Westland in Columbus, wondered how much longer that tumble-down facility would be there.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

Brian D. wrote:Pretty steady work these days in Ohio if your resume includes "mall demolition". From the first time I went to a gun show at Westland in Columbus, wondered how much longer that tumble-down facility would be there.
At Parmatown Mall near me, the enclosed portion of the mall is being torn down. Only stores left will be on the strip and a few outlying areas of the parking lot that are being sectioned off for new construction. I'd like to see things work out there but it seems like they're trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. I hope I'm wrong.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life