Found a non posted theater

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

smokewagon

Found a non posted theater

Post by smokewagon »

Took the kids to see "The Scorch" this afternoon. Had no intention on being unarmed in a movie theater so I figured the worst case I turn around if its posted. I went to Hickory Ridge in Brunswick because its close, also because its only 5 bucks before 5:00 and its about the least busy theater I've ever seen. Well I'm happy to report I looked hard for a gun buster and could find none. It's nice to have one left that isn't posted.
Ray81
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Found a non posted theater

Post by Ray81 »

Theatres are one place all CCW holders should carry concealed regardless of the signage.
As long as the owner doesn't find out you have a concealed weapon, you should be good.

If by chance someone notices your gun and they ask you leave, then you must leave per law.
It will only be a civil violation in Ohio, not a criminal one as far as I know.

After the Joker incident in Colorado, I rarely go to theatres. Maybe once or twice a year.

Think of your CCW like your Underwear. No one needs to know you have them on and you don't talk about it to anyone ever, except on this forum.
BobK

Post by BobK »

Ray81 wrote:Theatres are one place all CCW holders should carry concealed regardless of the signage.
The Forum Terms of Service, Rules, and Regulations state in part:
TOS wrote:• Messages exhorting others to commit illegal acts or describing illegal acts you’ve committed or intend to commit are expressly forbidden.
Ray81 wrote:It will only be a civil violation in Ohio, not a criminal one as far as I know.
That is not accurate. Armed trespass of a posted business is a criminal misdemeanor in Ohio.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Ray81, since BobK set you right about the Ohio laws in this regard, how about you do the same with any friends/relatives of yours that are under the same mistaken impression? Pay it forward if you will.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

Brian D. wrote:Ray81, since BobK set you right about the Ohio laws in this regard, how about you do the same with any friends/relatives of yours that are under the same mistaken impression? Pay it forward if you will.
Another good idea: Direct friends/relatives to the OFCC and it's forums. That way they can gain useful information, about firearms laws, that could keep them OUT of jail.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Ray81 wrote:Theatres are one place all CCW holders should carry concealed regardless of the signage.
As long as the owner doesn't find out you have a concealed weapon, you should be good.

If by chance someone notices your gun and they ask you leave, then you must leave per law.
It will only be a civil violation in Ohio, not a criminal one as far as I know.

After the Joker incident in Colorado, I rarely go to theatres. Maybe once or twice a year.

Think of your CCW like your Underwear. No one needs to know you have them on and you don't talk about it to anyone ever, except on this forum.
No, signs in Ohio have force of law, and should not be routinely ignored. This is promoting an illegal act, which as BobK and others have pointed out is against the TOS.

It is a civil violation in a parking lot, but a criminal trespass violation in a building. But whether it is civil or criminal is not the point. It is affront to the property rights of those that post, and it is against the law.

Do not continue to advocate for illegal actions on this forum.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Curzyk

Post by Curzyk »

My local theater of choice, if/when I choose to go to one is Marcus Cinemas (North Columbus). They have the giant IMAX screens, stadium seating, and aren't posted.

Edited to add: And I typically buy a large soda to promote their continued existence since it carries a large profit margin for them.
Ray81
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Ray81 »

Agreed.. I thought it was a civil violation as I had heard that on another forum. Glad you guys corrected me on that part of the law. I'm not a lawyer so I'm trying to better understand the complex ccw laws everyday.
Hyflyer

Post by Hyflyer »

On the East side of Cincinnati, we have "PiercePoint10" on Ohio 125 in Amelia. No CPZ here :D

http://www.ghtctheatres.com/ Shows they have 3 other locations as well.
jeepdeep

Post by jeepdeep »

Anyone know of a non posted theater in the West / South/West burbs of CLE?
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

jeepdeep wrote:Anyone know of a non posted theater in the West / South/West burbs of CLE?
I understand that Hickory Ridge in Brunswick on 303 is not posted. Also, friends were recently at the Valley View cinema and said they didn't see any signs.
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
dakota426

Post by dakota426 »

Hickory Ridge Cinema is actually on SR42 (Pearl Rd) about halfway between SR303 and Grafton Rd. :)
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin. February, 1775
Springfield SW9SC w/tritium night sites & Crimson Trace LG446
Springfield XD9 Service 4"
S&W Mod 29 (Make My Day)
Dan Wesson (2) .357SS 4", 6" & 10" interchangable barrels
Ruger Mk II SS .22 bull barrel
Beretta Neos .22 and a few others
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Ray81 wrote:Agreed.. I thought it was a civil violation as I had heard that on another forum. Glad you guys corrected me on that part of the law. I'm not a lawyer so I'm trying to better understand the complex ccw laws everyday.
Glad you can take a little constructive critsisim...none of us here want to see someone misunderstanding the laws regarding carry....nobodys perfect but we all strive to understand things as best we can. i get corrected from time to time too on here and on other forums if I'm wrong as I should be.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Curzyk wrote:My local theater of choice, if/when I choose to go to one is Marcus Cinemas (North Columbus). They have the giant IMAX screens, stadium seating, and aren't posted.

Edited to add: And I typically buy a large soda to promote their continued existence since it carries a large profit margin for them.

+1 to that. It also has the benefit of being able to reserve seats online - so this is the only theater we go to in Columbus.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Movies Ten in Nelsonville, just northwest of Athens on 33. http://www.moviesten.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

First run movies. $4 admission ($6 for 3D movies).

Large video and game arcade with redemption center.

Snack bar with $5 pizzas, fries, cheese sticks, onion rings, tenderloin sandwiches, etc., all of which you may take into the theaters.

Large popcorn=$3, large soft drinks=$1.50, candy=$1.50

And from my exit in Logan to all but the last 1/2 mile before the theater, Rt. 33 is 70MPH (It's 55MPH from the theater to Ohio University).

But the best part is that it's NOT posted.
MyWifeSaidYes