Cinemark Lancaster

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

concreteguy

Cinemark Lancaster

Post by concreteguy »

I've been to this theater a couple of times since they opened and was glad that they were not posted. Went there last night and noticed new decals on the doors :x . Looks like our movie nights will be in the living room or Pickerington.
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Cinemark Lancaster

Post by sd790 »

I suggest making sure that they know WHY you will no longer be patronizing them and remind them that they should also put a "No Criminals Allowed" sign up to be even safer. Perhaps some common sense will kick in and they will see the error of their ways.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

sd790 wrote:I suggest making sure that they know WHY you will no longer be patronizing them and remind them that they should also put a "No Criminals Allowed" sign up to be even safer. Perhaps some common sense will kick in and they will see the error of their ways.
I doubt it.....Cinemark has been anti for a long time. It just amazes me how simple commonsense eludes some people/businesses. :roll:

Maybe I'm mistaken, but aren't they checking bags now or is that another theater chain ?
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:...
Maybe I'm mistaken, but aren't they checking bags now or is that another theater chain ?
Regal Cinemas is doing the 'bag search' thing.

I don't have a problem with that since I carry my gun on my hip and sneak in my snacks in my pockets.

:twisted:

:mrgreen:
MyWifeSaidYes
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:...
Regal Cinemas is doing the 'bag search' thing.

I don't have a problem with that since I carry my gun on my hip and sneak in my snacks in my pockets.

:twisted:

:mrgreen:
It's really sad that the movie theater industry somewhat revitalized itself with 3D movies, only to adopt policies which are likely to be the the industry's death knell. They not are concerned about people like us who really want to carry a handgun into the theater; we are much too small a percentage of their customer base. However, here are some things they should consider:
  • The cost of having someone check purses and bags increases their costs, and thus, decreases profits or increases ticket prices.
  • The time involved in checking purses and bags makes for longer lines, and nobody likes longer lines.
  • This policy means that all women's purses will be searched, and we all know how women really, really like their purses being searched.
  • If women decide to leave their purses in the car, they should know that cineplex parking lots are ideal for well-timed smash-and-grab thefts from vehicles.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.