16 Bit Barcade Cincinnati Ohio

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

16 Bit Barcade Cincinnati Ohio

Post by Brian D. »

In the partially gentrified, partially NOT neighborhood of Over the Rhine (just north of downtown) several new restaurants, bars, etc. have been opening up. Not being an urban hipster, I haven't been to many of them, but have at least walked by many of them to look for CPZ signage. Fortunately most of them do not post.

This morning I looked at a new place called 16 Bit Bar+Arcade. (Address is 1331 Walnut Street by the way.) You have probably heard the concept, food and drinks along with 50 or more old school video games and even some pinball for us REAL old timers. So I was actually looking forward to a look-see. and maybe drop by for some gaming and a snack. (The neighborhood isn't yet gentrified enough in my opinion to disarm, regardless the time of day or night. So if it's "No Guns" it's also "No Brian".)

Anyhow, right next to the doors in white lettering: "Absolutley (sic) no weapons allowed". On another window, right along the sidewalk, a painted warning: "No Loitering. If you have nothing to do, don't do it here." Clever or smarmy, but either way pretty empty headed wishful thinking on their part. I guess since this chain deliberately picks locations in redeveloping urban areas, they are aware that the neighborhoods are not really all that safe. However, according to friends who sometimes grab food or drinks around there, these establishments won't go to the trouble/expense of hiring off duty detail cops for security. (In the last revitalization attempt of OTR, which ultimately pretty much failed, giving up the detail cops was a BAD mistake.)

So, I left a couple of our 'No Guns = No Money' cards where the proprietors of 16 Bit will easily find them, and went on my way.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
CinCity513

Re: 16 Bit Barcade Cincinnati Ohio

Post by CinCity513 »

Hey,

I was at 16-bit on 7/16/15 and looked everywhere on the door for any mention of it being a CPZ. Nothing was posted anywhere except for the "no soliciting" signs so it would say it is a safe bet that you can carry there. Maybe your cards did the trick!

Carry-on,

CinCity
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I will take another look then. Sorry, I forgot all about this topic. Thank you.

********************************************************************************
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

So I made another visit and nothing had changed from my original post. Thinking that CinCity was blind, or more likely lying as a one post troll/shill for that establishment. I could really learn to hate someone of that ilk.

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Another observation from my revisit: Young hipsters love walking around with their phones in front of their faces. It's got me thinking about a career change to urban mugger.

My snarky tone belies the fact that seeing young women walking around like that by themselves sets my nerves on edge. If their fathers aren't the same kind of bliss ninnies as their daughters they would be horrified.

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote:Another observation from my revisit: Young hipsters love walking around with their phones in front of their faces. It's got me thinking about a career change to urban mugger.

My snarky tone belies the fact that seeing young women walking around like that by themselves sets my nerves on edge. If their fathers aren't the same kind of bliss ninnies as their daughters they would be horrified.
Heard a news report recently that pedestrian deaths are on the rise and the blame is on people walking around looking at their phones instead of what is in front of them.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Don't doubt that a bit Mike. Crossing street while gawking at cellphone + approach of electric car = pedestrian loses every time, totally preventable. Give the walker some ear buds it could be a vehicle with a turbo diesel power train and faulty muffler, same result.

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Over on 16 Bit's Facebook page I am still being...heh, vehemently disagreed with. Seems like the place has blocked me from further original comments in that thread but the door swings back open whenever someone replies.

I won't go so far here as to post a direct link but let's say the pair of heated discussions there are easy to find if anybody feels like joining the party. :twisted:

techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

lol won't be long before I get blocked there now.
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

http://www.fox19.com/story/30064081/cpd ... r-with-gun" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Havent read any comments on the story yet but Im guessing this could get interesting.
Proud father of a US Army Soldier

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I posted there tbrew, although anonymously as I didn't really care to share my thoughts across Facebook yet again. For now.

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Brian D. wrote:
I won't go so far here as to post a direct link

Will you PM the link then?
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Phone is low right now Chuck. Charger is at home. And as you know I'm lousy at this technology stuff anyway.

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Brian D. wrote:Phone is low right now Chuck. Charger is at home. And as you know I'm lousy at this technology stuff anyway.
I found it
Do you realize that you reviewed and commented on the Columbus 16 bit arcade page?

Maybe you're worse at this technology stuff than you realize,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Much cross posting by them, movement and erasure of posts etc. have occurred since this all started Chuck.