SIDNEY WAFFLE HOUSE

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

OHIOSTEVE

SIDNEY WAFFLE HOUSE

Post by OHIOSTEVE »

I was just told the Sidney waffle house is now posted. Can anyone confirm this? years ago I spent quite a bit of time convincing the area manager to NOT post the stores under her care. I wonder what happened if this is true?
OHIOSTEVE

Re: SIDNEY WAFFLE HOUSE

Post by OHIOSTEVE »

I just went there and sure enough there is a big no guns sign on the door. Fortunately they were completely empty and every employee was in the parking lot talking and smoking. I walked up to the door and took my phone out to take pics and a girl asked if she could help me. I told her why I was there and she said " IF YOU HAVE A CONCEALED LICENSE THAT SIGN DOES NOT MEAN YOU, YOU ARE WELCOME TO GO ON IN AND EAT" I explained that with that sign there I cannot legally go in. She said they had a customer that keeps coming in open carrying so they just put the sign up because of him. I asked if the regional manager knew it was up and they said yes she did. I told them that ( BTW one was the manager) as long as that sign was up they were losing business and I knew of at least one person who saw it and went across to Bob Evans. The girl said yes she saw people turn around and leave a LOT since the sign went up. I thanked them for listening and as I was leaving I heard her tell the manager " WE HAVE GOT TO GET RID OF THAT F%%%(*G SIGN!" so I don't know if I made a dent but we will see nd I will follow up.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

If a business has a problem with an open carrier, how can they keep them out without putting up the standard no guns sign? Is a sign that says "No open carry of firearms" even legally valid?
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

M-Quigley wrote:If a business has a problem with an open carrier, how can they keep them out without putting up the standard no guns sign? Is a sign that says "No open carry of firearms" even legally valid?
I've seen many a sign that welcomes concealed weapons.

it sounds like they have a problem with one individual. They could just ask him to leave.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

M-Quigley wrote:If a business has a problem with an open carrier, how can they keep them out without putting up the standard no guns sign? Is a sign that says "No open carry of firearms" even legally valid?
Yes, they would be valid... A "No open carry of firearms" sign just discriminates against those of us who chose to "openly" carry firearms. And if I were concealing, I would still not patronize them and let them know why w/ a follow up ph. call.

We all need to support each others method of carry.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
OHIOSTEVE

Post by OHIOSTEVE »

I see both sides of this 3fullmags....I support your right to open carry but if you cause a business owner to post, what have you gained.. now you cannot carry in ANY manner and neither can anyone else. I don't know it just strikes me as poking a hornets nest just because you have a stick.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

OHIOSTEVE wrote:I see both sides of this 3fullmags....I support your right to open carry but if you cause a business owner to post, what have you gained.. now you cannot carry in ANY manner and neither can anyone else. I don't know it just strikes me as poking a hornets nest just because you have a stick.

I'd let them know, "politely", (key word here being POLITELY), that I'd like to patronize them,and I DO WANT them to know that, but the sigh is offensive to those of us that carry, just as I would do if an establishment was posted against ANY form of carry.

I would consider a sign that specifically mentions open carry, (as opposed to no carrying period), to mean they've considered the issue and are banning OC but not CC. Done in a polite manner, I don't think they are going to change their policy and ban carry altogether. Maybe a few others here will throw in their two cents on this one. And I , too, see your point also.

Another thing, If the person you talked to was the manager, I'd have asked if the person openly carrying was doing anything else that was bothering patrons,(other than just OCing), and if so , then ban that one person, not everyone who carry's that way. I have several friends that CC only and would not have patronized and done exactly what I would have done. They need to know that all of us that carry, (CC and OC stick together), though I know that's not always the case, unfortunatly, but they need to know they are losing $ over it!
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

This scenario occurs every so often. Wonder if the manager tried to speak with the "offending" individual(s) before posting? A cool-headed advocate of both types of carry can sometimes straighten things out but it's tough without bringing the parties together for the confab.

Those of you that haven't participated in organized firearms advocacy gatherings may not understand just how vehemently a certain percentage of anti gun folk can complain about us, loud, long, and without regard to engaging in two way dialog. If one or more customers of that WH are of that persuasion, they may well have bent the manager's ear so much he/she just capitulated and hung the sign.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
centermass

Post by centermass »

No one at WH thinks that the open carry guy is one of the good guys? That he might be doing them a favor? Dig up old WH stories where open carry customers detered hold ups.
Thy rod and thy staff and thy .357, they comfort me.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

centermass wrote:No one at WH thinks that the open carry guy is one of the good guys? That he might be doing them a favor? Dig up old WH stories where open carry customers detered hold ups.
If you listen to the anti gunners there are no good guys with a gun, unless they have a police badge. Everyone else is just a ticking time bomb waiting to go off, and will be more dangerous to the public if they shoot back at a bad guy than the bad guy himself.

I know a couple of managers of businesses, one a manager for a well known grocery chain that has been the subject of commercials talking about how anyone can potentially carry an AR15 into the store, and to demand action be taken by the chain. The manager I know said this has never happened at his store, and thinks the group just doesn't like carry in general, but they're too dishonest to come out and criticize concealed carry of handguns by licensed CCW holders. They know a "No guns" sign would affect both sides.

The other manager did have someone open carry, and his business had dropped off because of it. This was shortly after a mass shooting was in the news in another state. His regular customers felt uncomfortable seeing it, and let him know it. No one knew whether he a "good guy" or not, he was driving away business. The manager was going to post a no guns sign but the guy quit coming back anyway.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

So, no one have identified exactly what "problem" they were having with the open carrier?

Or was the "problem" just the fact that he was open carrying?
MyWifeSaidYes
OHIOSTEVE

Post by OHIOSTEVE »

I guess customers complained.. thats all I got from them.
centermass

Post by centermass »

OHIOSTEVE wrote:I guess customers complained.. thats all I got from them.
Hillary's camp probably stopped in ONCE and said something. They can move mountains, y'know.
Thy rod and thy staff and thy .357, they comfort me.
OHIOSTEVE

Post by OHIOSTEVE »

I THINK the no guns sign has been removed
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

OHIOSTEVE wrote:I THINK the no guns sign has been removed
Oh, so they waffled again on their policy? :lol:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.