Greyhound Bus Station

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Sgt. Erb

Greyhound Bus Station

Post by Sgt. Erb »

anyone know if the Greyhound Bus Station in Cleveland is posted??
have to go there early am and do not want to go
naked if you know what i mean.
I have not been there since around 2001.
thanks for any help.

a little more info on my question. i have to pick someone up and would like to go inside and wait
but do not need any issues. I will not be getting on a bus.
sorry i was not clear been a long day and I am tired.
Last edited by Sgt. Erb on Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BobK

Re: Greyhound bus

Post by BobK »

I was talking with a guy at work about Greyhound earlier this week. He said the last time he got on a Greyhound, they were wanding people.

As info, Greyhound is a federal common carrier, and it is not legal to carry on a Greyhound bus. Federal law does allow unloaded firearms in checked luggage, however, Greyhound baggage rules prohibit them.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

You can't even carry pepper spray on a Greyhound bus.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Aren't the rules about the same as a commercial airplane? :?:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Javelin Man wrote:Aren't the rules about the same as a commercial airplane? :?:
Yes, but at least Delta, Southwest, United, etc, etc, etc, all allow you to place a firearm in your checked baggage. Greyhound won't even let it on the bus.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
Javelin Man wrote:Aren't the rules about the same as a commercial airplane? :?:
Yes, but at least Delta, Southwest, United, etc, etc, etc, all allow you to place a firearm in your checked baggage. Greyhound won't even let it on the bus.
What is the penalty for having your firearm/ammunition found in your checked baggage? If it's not against the law, Greyhound could just set you off along the side of the road? Have to sit up front with the driver? Sit inside the bathroom on a hot summer day?

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Criminal trespass?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

pirateguy191 wrote:Criminal trespass?
Nope, criminal trespass deals with land and premises only. Vehicles are considered neither.
Javelin Man wrote:If it's not against the law, Greyhound could just set you off along the side of the road? Have to sit up front with the driver? Sit inside the bathroom on a hot summer day?
That's pretty much all they can do in Ohio. Some states do allow trespass violations on buses, so it would depend on how they decide to charge one. Charge in the state they discover the violation in or charge at the originating state.

http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

pirateguy191 wrote:Criminal trespass?
I tried deleting after I thought about it. I guess it didn't work.

mreising

Post by mreising »

How would they know what's in the checked baggage? Do they scan it before placing it under the bus? It has been a long time since I rode the bus but it used to be that you just set it on the ground by the bus and the driver tossed it in the luggage compartment.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Greyhound Bus Station

Post by djmac1964 »

Title edited for clarity.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

I road a greyhound once, and I can guarantee you, if you put it in your luggage when you leave, you won't have to worry about it when you get to your destination!!!
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

screwman wrote:I road a greyhound once, and I can guarantee you, if you put it in your luggage when you leave, you won't have to worry about it when you get to your destination!!!
mreising wrote:How would they know what's in the checked baggage? Do they scan it before placing it under the bus? It has been a long time since I rode the bus but it used to be that you just set it on the ground by the bus and the driver tossed it in the luggage compartment.
Kinda answering both points, but it depends. A search online shows some locations scan and some don't. So you may get to your destination, they scan upon returning, and then you are SOL coming home.

Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

The OP was about just entering the bus station; is that legal to be armed?

I think we read a little too much into this. :oops:

3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Javelin Man wrote:The OP was about just entering the bus station; is that legal to be armed?

I think we read a little too much into this. :oops:
I would assume since they are so anti-gun that the stations are posted as well.