Duke energy convention center policy

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Sturg

Duke energy convention center policy

Post by Sturg »

Was thinking of going to cavalcade of customs this weekend and decided to do some research. All the posts on here seemed to be from a few years ago, I actually was able to find this though:

http://www.duke-energycenter.com/upload ... edures.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't know when that was written but this should clarify once and for all its a no go.
djthomas

Re: Duke energy convention center policy

Post by djthomas »

It's interesting that they're claiming that carry is prohibited pursuant to 2923.126 (B) - the enumerated list, but then they carve out an exception for honorably retired peace officers. Properly credentialed retired peace officers are given the same right to carry, and are subject to the same restrictions as a licensee (see ORC 2923.126 (F)(1)). So if they're claiming they are an enumerated CPZ then they can't grant that exception.

IIRC one of the Cincinnati sports stadiums more or less says the same thing "We're a county-owned facility so CCW is not allowed, but we'll make exceptions for LE, retired LE, and LEOSA folks." Again, if they're playing the government facility card they can't grant retired LE or out-of-state LEOSA officers the authority to carry on the premises.

Of course we all know that the chances of an arrest of a retired or out of state LEO are slim to none but that doesn't mean the policy is legally correct. Although I suppose shooting yourself in an enumerated facility's elevator might get your case on a prosecutor's desk...
Buckeyedoc

Re: Duke energy convention center policy

Post by Buckeyedoc »

djthomas wrote:Although I suppose shooting yourself in an enumerated facility's elevator might get your case on a prosecutor's desk...

Funny!