My church just canceld carry privledges

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

My church just canceld carry privledges

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Not sure as to why but was stunned this morning with the notification by the elder board. I must reevaluate my choice of house of worship. I'm pretty disheartened by this rash decision.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
JediSkipdogg

Re: My church just canceld carry privledges

Post by JediSkipdogg »

That explains your Facebook post. So how did they announce it? Did they give any reason why?
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

JediSkipdogg wrote:That explains your Facebook post. So how did they announce it? Did they give any reason why?
Yeah, that explains the facebook thing.

My church did the same thing a couple years ago.
Got around it by having all of us trustees give each other permission.
However it wasn't lost on us that the ministry staff all went bugcrap insane over the idea of someone even wanting to carry a gun in a church.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

I haven't been to church in my regular place since March when I had that issue at Lennox Town Center. It just isn't worth it to me anymore. Probably not very good but I haven't found a place that allows carry and until the law changes I've decided I am unwilling to be disarmed.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

You don't have to go to a special building to worship God. Do it from the privacy and protection of your own home in your own way.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

/sarcasm on

But that would make it a church and thus a CPZ.

/sarcasm off
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Pecker

Post by Pecker »

ArmedAviator wrote:You don't have to go to a special building to worship God. Do it from the privacy and protection of your own home in your own way.
Saves 10% of the gross if you do it that way as well.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Some years ago, I started my own church, St. Tammany of the Bad Shepherd. I established rules which appealed to me, and I sleep in late on Sunday mornings. My parishioners are welcome to carry arms.

In the words of Sgt. Edgar Millen, RCMP, in the movie Death Hunt, my church is headquartered wherever I'm standing.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Pecker wrote:
ArmedAviator wrote:You don't have to go to a special building to worship God. Do it from the privacy and protection of your own home in your own way.
Apply it to self defense. :idea:
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

The ministry in many churches/denominations does seem to be largely anti-gun, a common interpretation of biblical theology that I'd entitle a mis-interpretation. Not all, but it is an easy choice unless the neighborhood is poor.

What I find interesting is that, around the world, there is much violence perpetrated on others due to religion and religious differences. And then we all sit unarmed in a big hall, same time every week..hours of disarming listed on the front door.

Problem would have been easily solved by not being a CPZ, like many other states....we can dream.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

Truth.
See sig for one deity's opinion.
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

If you simply want to worship, no building or other people are necessary.

If you want fellowship, a church (and its accompanying organized religion) is an option.

My church meets on Saturday, December 6th from 9am to 5pm, and Sunday, December 7th from 9am to 4pm at the Westland Mall in Columbus.

They don't allow loaded concealed carry, either.

:mrgreen:
MyWifeSaidYes
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

JediSkipdogg wrote:That explains your Facebook post. So how did they announce it? Did they give any reason why?
Someone who seems to have the ear of the elders took offense..apparently someone that was armed was telling people that we were armed. Bragging I assume, add to that that the elders of today are not the elders that gave initial permission. I have worked out an agreement with the elders to mitigate some of my concern. I can't say exactly what I agreed to and why but lets just say I can protect me and my wife in the areas of my concern. Its not perfect but I can work around issues.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

I've always placed my faith in the Almighty and he has always blessed me by providing a means to back up that faith.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
Wulfen

Post by Wulfen »

Cruiser wrote:
Pecker wrote:
Apply it to self defense. :idea:
Off-topic, but the light bulb emoticon above looked to me, at a quick glance, to be a surprised cyclops.