My church just canceld carry privledges

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Sky Pilot

Re: My church just canceld carry privledges

Post by Sky Pilot »

Let me think about this ...
A house of worship, where the assembled wish only to worship their deity, peacefully and in harmony.
A house of worship, where the assembled sit with their backs to the door.
A house of worship, where the assembled pass the plate and drop cash money into same.
A house of worship, where the assembled are legally disarmed for the convenience of the criminal.
(scratches head)
We must each make our own decision.
Center Township Combat Pistol League
TARDIS driver, NRA Endowment!
"I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Meeting with the elders tomorrow after church.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Of course we're anxious to see how this turned out for you. Hopefully you can get the issue resolved permanently but be prepared to deal with one or two newbie blissninnies at a time that will make this a recurring problem.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

This very thing is one of the most frustrating and discouraging issues for me. It's bad enough most larger churches seem to have been taken over by international leftists obsessed with concepts like "Social Justice" and collectivism. I could go into greater detail, but don't want to violate the TOS.

Suffice it to say, I do think there is a need for a pro 2A church.

Add to this, I think the penalty really should be more in line with what it is for businesses. Why should it be a felony to attend church while armed (without first obtaining written permission)?
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

There is/was a pro-carry brick and mortar church in Morrow County, the name escapes me, they had a pro-carry sign outside the building.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Maybe not much of a concession, just tell them your tithing days are over.....maybe some will join you...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

I was denied permission to carry full time, I did received permission to limited carry. Not at services or events...this makes no sense. The permission to carry at off hours is related to volunteer service for the church that my wife and I do. I won't go into detail what that service is. I told them I wouldn't be a meat shield so don't expect me to take on anyone now that I'm unarmed during services. I would be getting my wife and myself out and that decision to consider my wife and my safety first was made by them. Some of the "concerned about being armed" can step in front of any attacker.

They kinda got a blank look when I told them that. I at least can be armed when I'm working. We may be searching for another place to worship sooner than later.

I can say this policy change has nothing to do with my behavior. This, as it turns out, was caused by another person's actions with an elder. That elder doesn't think there is any likelihood of any violence in our church. He said no one would want to attack a church. :roll: He lives in rainbow and fluffy bunny land.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Life Member NRA
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:That elder doesn't think there is any likelihood of any violence in our church. He said no one would want to attack a church. :roll: He lives in rainbow and fluffy bunny land.
Almost everything I'd like to say in reply to this part...well, ToS breach, sooner or later, and I'd have been the one that got the mud ball rolling down that hill. Suffice to say, 'elder' apparently doesn't always mean 'wiser'.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:That elder doesn't think there is any likelihood of any violence in our church.
I know you know this is wrong, but it's so frustrating to hear people still saying this, so ...

2 dead, 4 wounded in shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High
" 'I never thought this would happen,' said one woman, who refused to give her name "
After Shooting, Fear and Anxiety Take Over Ottawa
“You never imagine it’s going to happen here.” (unnamed resident)
Albemarle High resumes classes day after campus shooting
“We never thought it would happen here,” (said Mary Butler)

Those are just a few examples from the past 2 months.
pleasantguywhopacks wrote:He said no one would want to attack a church.
Priest killed, another one injured in attack at Catholic church in Phoenix - June 2014
Woman dies from injuries in Cookeville church shooting - Feb 2014
Lake Charles pastor shot to death during church service - Sep 2013

That's just from the first page of Google results.
synack2

Post by synack2 »

I know a lot of Pentecostal pastors that pack, maybe you should look a some of those churches.
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Oh there have been tons of documented shootings and violence shown to them but they refuse to believe it can happen here.
Life Member NRA
buckeye43210

Post by buckeye43210 »

techguy85 wrote:I haven't been to church in my regular place since March when I had that issue at Lennox Town Center. It just isn't worth it to me anymore. Probably not very good but I haven't found a place that allows carry and until the law changes I've decided I am unwilling to be disarmed.
It's on the other side of town, but the offer still stands...
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

We had two shootings, about a year apart, on the steps of the same Church, in a half-decent area.

In both cases, the Mayor's response (he's now in DC working for Zero) was prayer rallies.

Sure worked well....

My wife doesn't understand why I stay out of the Synagogue.... And in a small city like Youngstown, while there seem to be Churches on every street corner, there aren't many choices for Synagogues, and so far all of them are anti's.... Someday?

(Not to mention that three of the four are on the other side of town.)

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Turns out this elder is ticking off a few other people for other reasons. I foresee an organized revolt against this particular fella.
Life Member NRA
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

PGWP:

Hope it works out well for you. I'm still torturing my board President :D....

Kinda like a Condo Association in many cases. Members there for their own benefit.

(And with their own views. Something like this comes up, and there's a "Where the heck did that come from?!" reaction, and personal views can jump in.)

I was on our Board about 25 years ago, but quit. Becka was getting old enough that leaving Sherri stuck with her for an evening got a little old for Sherri :), and my time sort of got eaten up. Meantime, the President at the time (he's a friend of mine, but...) was a pit bull. If he wanted something, it happened. Otherwise, you need not apply. No idea where he'd stand on this issue now. He got me upset once too often and....

The board meets on my Range Night now - I probably should try to get back on, but since I can't go into the building.... :(

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם