North court beverage medina

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

G19SVP

North court beverage medina

Post by G19SVP »

Attempted to enter the store and turned away.
They posted a no firearms sign right at eye level, I had to shop somewhere else.
I did send them a rather lengthy email, and even told them that I talked to
Their neighboring subway store and they also removed their "no firearms"
Signage.
I'll update this when hear something.
G19SVP

Re: North court beverage medina

Post by G19SVP »

My Name is Xxxxxxx and I am the owner of North Court Beverage. I understand your point of view on the sign. We support Ohio's laws for carry. I have read and researched the laws and are fully aware of them all. However, In the past we have had customers carry into the store and it tends to create panic among not only the employees but our customers. Since we are a liquor store we are more at risk to robberies. More to the point we have quite a few customers that have been shopping with us for years that have carry permits. They all know as long as we don't see the gun than we don't even know they are carrying. It comes down to common sense.
Thank You, Xxxxxx

I can understand his view point, but did anyone else catch the end there?
It's common sense to commit a misdemeanor?
I appreciate the store owners prompt response but let's be honest it's negligent to carry
In a store with posted signage.
I make it a point to obey the law and I really do have to shop elsewhere.
I suggest that he could post a "no open carry" sign.
What do you all think?
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Simply the owner's choice.
soberbiker

Post by soberbiker »

Since the owner seems to have no problem as long as it's concealed I would write back and ask for signed permission allowing you to carry in the store. I would guess if that is good enough to carry in a church where it is a felony to carry it would satisfy the law for a posted business. If he is unwilling to do that then I guess his actual stance on firearms is different from his first reply.
G19SVP

Post by G19SVP »

Tweed Ring wrote:Simply the owner's choice.
Agreed, I was more referring to the fact he deemed it common sense to carry when there
Is signage posted.
Whether it gets taken down or not it's up to him, I just couldn't help but focus on the common sense part of it.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Many times what people view as common sense is neither common nor is it sense.

My bank is posted. The manager gave me verbal permission to carry when I visited the branch. To me, verbal permission is meaningless.

Any permission given to ignore a posting should be in writing, dated, on letterhead, and signed by someone who is empowered to grant such permission.

It is possible this vendor does not understand the nuances of Ohio's CHL law.
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

Just wondering, is this sign that's posted the "gun buster" sign or the Liquor Dept. sign ?
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.