Almost lost my veterinarian today

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Almost lost my veterinarian today

Post by Rhino »

Went to the vet today to pick up medicine for one of the dogs. There were CPZ signs in the windows. I asked when those went up and they said a couple of days ago. So I said I'd need copies of the records for all my animals to take to another vet. She printed those out for me. I thanked her and left. We've been taking our animals to that veterinary office for 14 years, and we've always had a personal vet we consider our own that we request. It's a family run place. He's the son of the owner. His wife used to be our personal vet but she left to work with service dogs. We considered them good friends even though we didn't see them very often. Anyway, I got a voicemail a while later while I was at the hospital for x-rays. It was the girl at the counter who'd given me the records. She said she'd talked to my vet and he wanted her to pass on his apologies for the 'confusion', and to inform me that the signs had been taken down. She even passed along his personal cell phone number in case I had any concerns or questions. I was really glad that turned out the way it did because I was not at all looking forward to getting a new vet. This was Veterinary Associates in Xenia by the way. They have an office in Jamestown too.
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws
pirateguy191

Re: Almost lost my veterinarian today

Post by pirateguy191 »

That's good stuff. Good vets are hard to find.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Just curious, what was the "confusion" that caused the signs to go up in the first place?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

JustaShooter wrote:Just curious, what was the "confusion" that caused the signs to go up in the first place?
Sometimes that's just the best way to say, "We made a mistake."
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

Javelin Man wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:Just curious, what was the "confusion" that caused the signs to go up in the first place?
Or maybe the office manager got a pack of "compliance" signs, and the "no guns" sign was in the pack. Never asked the boss, just posted. Then when boss found out, signs were immediately taken down.
MacDonald

Post by MacDonald »

That is great news!
I do not like to change vets, or doctors.
John 3:16
Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
NRA Lifetime Member
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils" - John Stark
SeanC
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by SeanC »

147Doc wrote:
Javelin Man wrote:
Or maybe the office manager got a pack of "compliance" signs, and the "no guns" sign was in the pack. Never asked the boss, just posted. Then when boss found out, signs were immediately taken down.
I'm still irked by the fact that this happens. I don't know if there's some kind of anti-gun bias on the part of the producers of the compliance packs, or if they haven't researched the law and believe they're doing their clients a favor, or if they're just putting everything in there in case people want it. For almost without fail, people order a pack of "mandatory" signs, and they post everything in it.
I am a lawyer; I am not your lawyer.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

I used to receive these signage advertisement packages.

I don’t see bias.

Rather, I see an attempt to sell more signs. Their come on was,” The signs you must post to be in compliance with Ohio Employment Law!!!” Simply a marketing technique, and a poor one at that.
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

A lie repeated often enough eventually becomes truth for many people. Unfortunately these packets are doing damage, just like how movies and TV keeps repeating the lie that you must register your firearms with the police. MANY people now believe this to be the case when it's not in the vast majority of the country.
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

And Rhino gets an "Atta Boy!" for walking the walk. Showing the vet you mean business (or in this case, LACK of business), went much further than a NGNM card would have gone. Thanks for this. I KNOW changing vets after 14 years would have been a hardship...
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
soberbiker

Post by soberbiker »

Let's look at it from the sign vendors point of view shall we. The more signs in a package means more money and thus more profit. They can sell a basic package for a reasonable price or sell a deluxe or full compliance type package for even more. Most business owners are going to buy the full package to ensure something isn't missing and possibly get fined in some way. Then the boss tells the secretary or some low level helper to put the signs up and they all get put o the door. Some possibly by mistake as I'm guessing happened here.
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

Javelin Man wrote:
I think that was the case.
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws