Walgreens (Toledo, Secor/Alexis)

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

xfourellsx

Walgreens (Toledo, Secor/Alexis)

Post by xfourellsx »

While not posted a very polite woman made me aware that there was a 'general policy' that firearms were not permitted in the store.

I did mention that I had not seen any signs and come in there all the time OC and CC and no one ever said anything.

No incident, I paid for my stuff and left. Will try Rite Aid across the street and see how that goes. May end up just going to Kroger sine they are good about it.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Walgreens (Toledo, Secor/Alexis)

Post by Javelin Man »

Was the very polite woman a manager or employee? Or a Mom who Demanded Action?
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Perhaps the woman was confusing that 'general policy' for a rule in her employee handbook. I've had that happen once or twice. One time this was at an all-night convenience store. Told the clerk i felt sorry for her risking her neck for relatively low pay and not having the best possibility of defending herself available without being fired for it.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
xfourellsx

Post by xfourellsx »

Javelin Man wrote:Was the very polite woman a manager or employee? Or a Mom who Demanded Action?
Was an employee. She helped me get my items (new razor + pack of blades and condoms) and then checked me out at her register in the cosmetics department. Instead of the front registers. She did not follow as I left.
Brian D. wrote:Perhaps the woman was confusing that 'general policy' for a rule in her employee handbook.
I thought this as well. Though, not my job to educate their employees. That is the job of the management, if the management is not up to par with proper training... Well, then apparently they don't want my business.

Still debating on returning the razor and blades. Will see.
Tonik

Post by Tonik »

xfourellsx wrote:I thought this as well. Though, not my job to educate their employees. That is the job of the management, if the management is not up to par with proper training... Well, then apparently they don't want my business.
I think Walgreens does want your business, otherwise they would have gun buster signs all over the place. I also think they would love to get a polite note from you telling them of your problem and they will address it. Just like any other customer service problem they are made aware of.
xfourellsx

Post by xfourellsx »

Tonik wrote:I think Walgreens does want your business, otherwise they would have gun buster signs all over the place. I also think they would love to get a polite note from you telling them of your problem and they will address it. Just like any other customer service problem they are made aware of.
Quite true. When I read your post I went over the letter that is stickied in the forum. Though since there was no sign it didn't fully apply. Perhaps I'll have to write one up and post it so others can go over it and collaborate on it. /unsure.