Nautica Queen Cruise

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Nautica Queen Cruise

Post by CroManGun »

A friend of mine is coming up to Cleveland, from Dayton, in a few weeks. He and his wife would like to take a dinner cruise on the Nautica Queen. He's got a CHL and would like to know if it's OK to carry onboard. There's nothing mentioned on the Nautica Queen website. Calling to find out is a last resort. I figured I'd throw it out to the forum to see if someone might know.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Nautica Queen Cruise

Post by steves 50de »

CroManGun wrote:A friend of mine is coming up to Cleveland, from Dayton, in a few weeks. He and his wife would like to take a dinner cruise on the Nautica Queen. He's got a CHL and would like to know if it's OK to carry onboard. There's nothing mentioned on the Nautica Queen website. Calling to find out is a last resort. I figured I'd throw it out to the forum to see if someone might know.
I would take a drive down there and see if it posted where you board the boat , no signs my guess is your good, but i would not call them. Please post what you find out i was thinking about a dinner cruise myself.
Black Rifles Matter
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

NOPE......had a friend and his wife considering that line and they had a no firearms policy at the time.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
BobK

Post by BobK »

Coast Guard regulations prohibit carry on a licensed passenger ship.

There is a provision that let's someone surrender the weapon to the Captain to be secured until they disembark. Not too useful for a dinner cruise.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

BobK wrote:Coast Guard regulations prohibit carry on a licensed passenger ship.

There is a provision that let's someone surrender the weapon to the Captain to be secured until they disembark. Not too useful for a dinner cruise.
Thanks for the info. My friend is willing to have the Captain secure his carry. He's more interested in having it for before and after the cruise when he's off the ship and walking around downtown.
Genuine Scooter Trash
BobK

Post by BobK »

CroManGun wrote:

Thanks for the info. My friend is willing to have the Captain secure his carry. He's more interested in having it for before and after the cruise when he's off the ship and walking around downtown.
The provision is optional, so he may want to telephone to see if they will secure his handgun. Just because the Coast Guard makes that provision does not mean that every ship follows it.

For example, I do not believe that cruise ships leaving out of Galveston offer this service.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

BobK wrote:
CroManGun wrote:

The provision is optional, so he may want to telephone to see if they will secure his handgun. Just because the Coast Guard makes that provision does not mean that every ship follows it.

For example, I do not believe that cruise ships leaving out of Galveston offer this service.
I called the Nautica Queen office and spoke with a supervisor there about the securing of firearms. They said no way, no how, not under any circumstances will they allow any firearms onboard. Oh well, I tried.
Genuine Scooter Trash
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Well if you run into pirate's out there you can try and sue them down the road for not providing for your security. A few years back a perch fisherman was hit by pirate's at gun point stole his fish and his wallet. To add insult to injury then ordered him to throw the boat key's in the water.
Black Rifles Matter
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

steves 50de wrote:Well if you run into pirate's out there you can try and sue them down the road for not providing for your security. A few years back a perch fisherman was hit by pirate's at gun point stole his fish and his wallet. To add insult to injury then ordered him to throw the boat key's in the water.

That would be a situation where a spare key would come in handy.
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

steves 50de wrote:Well if you run into pirate's out there you can try and sue them down the road for not providing for your security. A few years back a perch fisherman was hit by pirate's at gun point stole his fish and his wallet. To add insult to injury then ordered him to throw the boat key's in the water.
Guess we shouldn't be surprised by that, great place to rip somebody off (or do something worse) without witnesses. Back in the cocaine-fueled mid 1980's I helped a cousin and his wife retired in south Florida pick out some guns for their ocean-going boat. Mostly they stayed on or near the Intercoastal Waterway but occasionally went out to sea several miles. "Pirates" were hijacking people for the boats themselves more than stealing other goods on board. Both my cousin and his wife said they'd put up a fight against anything like that while out in the ocean, they sure had the right mindset.

I recommended one of their guns be a .308 or .30-06 semi auto. While Harry had been issued a M-I Garand during his time in the military, he opted for A Springfield M1A because, in his words, he wanted "more shots than eight" to sink a robber/drug dealer's boat if that became necessary. So we made sure to get some steel core black tip ammo for it. Man they had great stuff in gun shops back then! 8)

To CroManGun: I'm sure the cruise boat company believes either:

#1) There's no reason to worry about being a crime victim out there in the water
#2) The police "are only a phone call away" if #1) above turns out to be wrong

Bogus reason #1) also fails to take into account the walk, especially after dark, from the boat to your vehicle. Couple of years ago I took a cruise like that on the Tennessee River in Chattanooga. Of the 100 or so passengers on board I knew all but a few of them, it was one group that rented the ship. When we got back it was dark and the parking lot sure could have used more lighting. I felt better about having a gun even though a bunch of us walked to the vehicles more or less together. This was a group of cigar folk, not shooters like I'm more often around, so no idea if mine was the only blaster being toted.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
bones

Post by bones »

parking for the Nautica is close to where you get on and off the boat. Tell him to lock his gun in his car and retrieve it after the dinner cruise before walking around.
Allen County Sheriff's Office Sgt. Alan Mefferd said he does not expect any problems arising from people with concealed carry licenses. History has shown those with concealed carry licenses are among the most law-abiding segment of the population. Otherwise, they would not be eligible for a license that gives them the right to carry a concealed handgun, he said...