Funny thing I noticed at Kroger

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ricks2524

Funny thing I noticed at Kroger

Post by ricks2524 »

Our local Kroger store had a No Gun sign on the door. It has been there since the store opened. It was pretty much hidden so I didn't pay much attention to it. With all this publicity for gun-grabbers and Krogers. I noticed they got rid of the old sign :D
Rick
Kimber Ultra Carry II
Ruger P345
Proud member of OFCC
Member NRA
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson
concreteguy

Re: Funny thing I noticed at Kroger

Post by concreteguy »

You said "had". Would that mean past tense?
Ray

Post by Ray »

ricks2524 wrote:Our local Kroger store had a No Gun sign on the door. It has been there since the store opened. It was pretty much hidden so I didn't pay much attention to it. With all this publicity for gun-grabbers and Krogers. I noticed they got rid of the old sign :D
rick2524 I've never seen a No Gun sign at a Kroger store. That's probably why the sign was removed. Someone must have complain to Corporate. Glad it gone.

Ray
Me and my
XD-9
Taurus 38
PT638 Pro-380
P-22
Sig 9 for wife
NRA Member
ricks2524

Post by ricks2524 »

concreteguy wrote:You said "had". Would that mean past tense?
Yes
Rick
Kimber Ultra Carry II
Ruger P345
Proud member of OFCC
Member NRA
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Only Kroger's i know of with a 'No Guns' sign is the one in Corryville. Kroger is just a tenant in that slummy of shopping center, the signs were put there by the property managers/owners/alleged "coming soon" renovators, Anchor Properties in Covington Ky. They got like $1.8 million from Cincinnati and Ohio to fix up that dump but it remains a quaint, popular destination for junkies, muggers, and rapists.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Brian D. wrote:Only Kroger's i know of with a 'No Guns' sign is the one in Corryville. Kroger is just a tenant in that slummy of shopping center, the signs were put there by the property managers/owners/alleged "coming soon" renovators, Anchor Properties in Covington Ky. They got like $1.8 million from Cincinnati and Ohio to fix up that dump but it remains a quaint, popular destination for junkies, muggers, and rapists.
A slight bit OT.

The Blan Kroger moved there liquor signage this last week from the far right hand wall side of the door to the left side right next to the left of the sliding door. I wonder if this was an attempt to have some effect on open carry? I do know that there is one guy that OC's a pistol in that Kroger. I have seen him a few times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
DavidHoffner

Post by DavidHoffner »

I live in the Chillicothe(Ross County) Area and I stopped by our local Kroger just an hour ago. No gun buster signs, and oddly enough none of the liquor signs either.
-David
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

DavidHoffner wrote:I live in the Chillicothe(Ross County) Area and I stopped by our local Kroger just an hour ago. No gun buster signs, and oddly enough none of the liquor signs either.
If they don't have wine tastings you wouldn't see one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf »

Just went in to my local Kroger (St. Rt. 48) in Centerville. There is a new no gun sign on the front entrance. It IS a liquor control sign however. The funny thing is that all of the other ones that I have seen in different restaurants and so forth are usually framed nicely, and are in color. This one is black and white. It looks like it came off a copy machine. It also has a duplicate on the opposite side facing in to the store itself. They are crooked on the window and they are both held up with some scotch tape. I'll be honest, it looks like someone threw them together and stuck them on the window when no one was looking.

LW
Sherlock Holmes : "You have arms, I suppose?"
Dr. Watson : "Yes, I thought it well to take them."
Sherlock Holmes : "Most certainly. Keep your revolver near you night and day and never relax your precautions"

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle "The Hound of the Baskervilles"
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Go back in a week and see if it's still there
I bet it's not,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Lone Wolf wrote:Just went in to my local Kroger (St. Rt. 48) in Centerville. There is a new no gun sign on the front entrance. It IS a liquor control sign however. The funny thing is that all of the other ones that I have seen in different restaurants and so forth are usually framed nicely, and are in color. This one is black and white. It looks like it came off a copy machine. It also has a duplicate on the opposite side facing in to the store itself. They are crooked on the window and they are both held up with some scotch tape. I'll be honest, it looks like someone threw them together and stuck them on the window when no one was looking.

LW

One rogue employee (or even customer) is all it takes. While all of us smart cookies on this forum know that CHL'ers can ignore those Liquor Control signs, believe me confusion reigns among the rest of the Ohio licensees, and even more so those who live in another state and are licensed there. I'd hate to find out that somebody like that "played it safe" leaving their gun in the car, to have it stolen. Or worse, become a victim of violent crime while needlessly disarmed.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
mreising

Post by mreising »

The Kroger stores around my area also use what appear to be photocopies of the liquor control sign. I just ignore them as they don't apply and there is no sense in bringing it up to management since it doesn't apply to us, even if they think it does. Also, the mad mommies may think it means something else. Just my $0.02.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

mreising wrote:The Kroger stores around my area also use what appear to be photocopies of the liquor control sign. I just ignore them as they don't apply and there is no sense in bringing it up to management since it doesn't apply to us, even if they think it does. Also, the mad mommies may think it means something else. Just my $0.02.
That could possible be why Kroger uses that sign! :) Allowing those that know and pacifying those that don't. :)
Abandon ye all HOPE!
ab38off

Post by ab38off »

Went to the new Kroger in Maumee on Dussell and looked for a sign and didn't see one.